Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Looking at buying this trailer

Discussion in 'Tow Rig Forum' started by mesa 33, May 27, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. mesa 33

mesa 33 Active Member

City, State:
    Clearwater,Florida
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '98 xlt
    Looking at maybe buying this trailer, Its 21ftx6'6ft, needs work but i can get it for $300. Only thing that worries me is i cant tell if it use to be a moblie home trailer converted or what. It deff has MH axles (3 of the tires themselves say on the side MH use only), axles are welded together in the middle and rear axle has that greyish pipe welded in place. Dont know if its over axle or not but if i did get it i would buy regular axles for it. Lemme know what you guys think about it. Not sure whether or not i should get it or not. I have plenty of metal at my house, from 3 inch sqaure tubing, to angle iron and c channel. Need help thanks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. MountaineerGreen

MountaineerGreen Towing Moderator Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    North East Arkansas
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2012 F150 4x4
    Those appear to be mobile home axles someone narrowed- they are not DOT approved tires and bearings, some states are strict on pulling trailers with those axles, some are not. The springs appear to be single leaf house trailer springs too, very stiff and not much good on a daily use trailer. Price is decent, but be prepared to spend some cash on springs, axles and tires to make it useable long term.