Looking for new tires

Team_RamRod

Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT
Hey all,

Brand new and just wanted to start off by saying hi. I want to lift my car at some point, but I can't right now. I've heard that the next best thing is to get a set of "agressive" looking tires. What kind do you guys I reccomend I get that wont rip off the bumper when I turn the wheel?

Thanks for all the posts

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I always liked BFG AT's. I still used them.
Oh! and welcome to the site.

For agressive, I agree BFG AT's. I had them on an old Chevy 4x4 and they looked mean.

David

For some reason I think the ATs look goofy.... but there kickass!

I'm running BFG AT's too. Just had them put on a couple days ago, actually.

I looked on the BFG site and they have some for my truck that has no modifications. Because the truck's bigger does it have any rubbing?

Thanks for all the posts

Motomaster Roughrider M+S for me. Those of you from Canada might know what they look like. Not quite sure who exactly makes them (as we all know, tires are simply branded, there's only a few companies who actually manufacture tires), but they're excellent in mud (have yet to try them on snow). My front 2 wheels still have Wranglers on them, pffffft, they freaking suck.

I beleive motomaster = michelin

We just ordered Cooper Discoverer LT tires for friday. 31x10.50 :D

I have used cooper tires on my X and didn't like the ride or the handling of them at all. Maybe I got some screwy tires, I hope you have better luck than I. I now have a set of dunlop tires on it and they work as well as the factory tires did. On the road anyway, haven't tried them offroad.

David

Give Bridgestone Dueller REVOS some consideration

- I have 2 sets, they have excellent traction, zero noise, deep treads, and good warranty.

I have used cooper tires on my X and didn't like the ride or the handling of them at all. Maybe I got some screwy tires, I hope you have better luck than I. I now have a set of Dunlop tires and they work as well as the Goodyear's from the factory. On the road anyway, haven't tried them offroad.

David

Federal 351 A/T 30/9.50 look damn nice i just got them. click link in sig.

bfg mt's would be the most aggressive and u can still get 50,000+ miles out of them. they are great offroad and last extremely long for a mud terrain. even outlast some allterrains. got more miles out of them than the bfg at's i had which i hated anyways. and they got chewed up quick. . ran nothing but set after set of bfg mt's untill i moved up to super swampers.

Goodyear Wranglers

I have never gotten stuck in the snow or on anything that even resembles a road (knock on wood) with the Goodyear Wrangler RT/S, I haven never done anything along the lines of 4 wheeling off-road, or any mud deeper that about 4 or 5 inches. The Wranglers handle fairly well on the road and I get decent gas mileage out of them. They are very stable when I tow my Chris Craft (about a 4k pounds). The biggest reason why I like these tires is that I got a little over 65,000 out of them and they were still not down to the wear bars. The new version of the tire is much quieter than the old, I guess its because they use Kevlar now rather than steel.

I just got a set of 31x10.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTX they look really good.. I always ran with BFG AT's thought i would try something different..

I run Toyo M/T on my 05 ram 4x4 and they are the best I have ever had, I only got 30,000 out of BFG's and I already have 20,000 on these and I have about 15-20,000 more

I recently bought a set of Michelin LTX M/S, but they are not very aggressive looking. Great tire though.

I looked at Bridgestone Revos, but at the time, I was looking at budget tires, and my choice went from Kumho Touring A/S 795, to Kumho Road Venture AT 825 (discontinued), to Kumho Road Venture AT KL-41, to Firestone Destination A/T, to the Michelins. I should have considered the Revos, since they have better ratings on Tirerack, but the Michelins definately improved the ride.

bs_dueler_at_revo_wl_ci2_l.jpg

Back