Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Looking for wheel size to fit my 1999 Exlorer 4x4 4 door

Discussion in 'Tires & Wheels' started by YankeeDawg, August 7, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Tags:
  1. YankeeDawg

YankeeDawg New Member

City, State:
    Newport, TN
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1999 Explorer XLT
    1999 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0L 4x4. Need wheel info, sseems no tire stores ( Discount tire, Tire Rack) have any that fit.
    What is size and offset?
    I have seen 16 x 7 5 x 114.3 20 offset. is this positive or negative?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. RangerX

RangerX Elite Ranger Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Omao, Kauai
    '93 Ranger XLT 4X4
    Found this online: “Positive offset is when the hub mounting surface is located towards the face of the wheel in relation to the center line. Positive offset is the most common offset found on cars today. Negative offset is when the hub mounting surface is located closer to the inside wheelflange in relation to the center line of the wheel.”
    I had to look it up because I can understand backspace measurement better, for some reason. (Talking about the same thing from different reference points?)
    Factory rims have a positive offset, which tucks the tires in under the fender more.
    Aftermarket truck rims generally push the tire out more than factory, and would be negative.
    With that said, it’s impossible to know what the rims you’re looking are, without at least a link to see them.
    Do you know which offset you want?

4. YankeeDawg

YankeeDawg New Member

City, State:
    Newport, TN
    1999 Explorer XLT
    No clue. Would like something to fit under fenders. Can't really find anything. All the tire shops are showing none available at this time, as far as fit.