Looking into New Tires

cwylie

Reaction score
City, State
Orange County
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mountaineer
Hey All,

I am preparing to do the TT/shackles lift and am wanting to put some 31x10.5r15 size tires on to match. I am looking into the General Grabber AT2 tires. Has anyone had experience (good/bad) with these? If not what is the preferred tire around here? I use the truck as my daily driver and only do moderate wheeling when I can get out. Most of my driving is on the road/highways and I would like to keep the ride somewhat comfortable. All your help/info is appreciated! Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i bought some cooper at3 and i love them. i do some wheeling and they clean out good and can go through some deep mud trust me on that. they were round $800 for 31s that's mounted and balanced, plus there American made.

I work at a tire shop and see some grabber's come in for balancing and rotation and they don't seem to balance well but other than that complaint from owners they seem to do well . I Will be down grading from 33"s to 31"s here soon and will look into more brands to get other peoples opinions

I'm sure some want to be know it all will give you some googled learned review advice on the tires.

I really like my Falken Wild Peak AT

Falken-WildPeak-A-T-tread.jpg

2 out of my 4 have no weights. The other 2 have small ones on the inside rim.

I really like my Falken Wild Peak AT

Falken-WildPeak-A-T-tread.jpg

2 out of my 4 have no weights. The other 2 have small ones on the inside rim.

Great tires.:thumbsup: No complaints about the Wildpeaks

Back