Looking to replace interior door panels, have a question on manual vs fullpower doors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking to replace interior door panels, have a question on manual vs fullpower doors

mark91explorer

Reaction score
City, State
LA, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Explorer XLT
I have a 1991 explorer and i need to replace the interior door panels. I have manual doors, meaning i have to push locks and crank the windows. It is very difficult for me to find door panels that arent designed for full power doors.

So my question is, can i buy the interior plastic door panels for a full power door, and will they fit on my doors even though they arent full power doors?

Im hoping that the door clips and screws are located in the same place regardless of whether it is full power or manual door panels. i understand that i would have to drill a hole where the window crank is, and i would also have to fill in the holes where the power buttons are supposed to be, but im okay with that.

so can this be done?? any help or suggestions for replacing interior door panels would be great! thanks

The door panel itself should be almost the same, just with the hole in the panel for the window crank, and a filler panel for the power locks/windows.

It would make no sense for the actual doors to be different between base and power models, that would be a huge production cost to make two different doors.

I would think you could use any 91-94 door panel and just cut the crank hole and use the filler panel from your original door.

I wish I had manual windows on my 91. I hate the power windows and door locks

To my knowledge it *should* be the same, though 91 was a weird year for the Explorer. Keep in mind that 2-door and 4-door panels will not interchange, the 2-door models had slightly longer doors.

Back