Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Looking to replace interior door panels, have a question on manual vs fullpower doors

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by mark91explorer, November 4, 2013.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. mark91explorer

mark91explorer New Member

City, State:
      LA, CA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1991 Ford Explorer XLT
      I have a 1991 explorer and i need to replace the interior door panels. I have manual doors, meaning i have to push locks and crank the windows. It is very difficult for me to find door panels that arent designed for full power doors.

So my question is, can i buy the interior plastic door panels for a full power door, and will they fit on my doors even though they arent full power doors?

Im hoping that the door clips and screws are located in the same place regardless of whether it is full power or manual door panels. i understand that i would have to drill a hole where the window crank is, and i would also have to fill in the holes where the power buttons are supposed to be, but im okay with that.

so can this be done?? any help or suggestions for replacing interior door panels would be great! thanks

Last edited: November 4, 2013
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Anime

Anime EF YEAH!! Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      2018 EX Sport Concept
      The door panel itself should be almost the same, just with the hole in the panel for the window crank, and a filler panel for the power locks/windows.

It would make no sense for the actual doors to be different between base and power models, that would be a huge production cost to make two different doors.

I would think you could use any 91-94 door panel and just cut the crank hole and use the filler panel from your original door.

4. L.A.X

L.A.X Active Member

City, State:
      Los Angeles, Ca
      1991 Ford Explorer EB
      I wish I had manual windows on my 91. I hate the power windows and door locks

5. arco777

arco777 Elite Explorer

1994 Explorer 2dr 4x4
      To my knowledge it *should* be the same, though 91 was a weird year for the Explorer. Keep in mind that 2-door and 4-door panels will not interchange, the 2-door models had slightly longer doors.