1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

looking towards an in-dash monitor

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by Saleen_SR71, December 30, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Saleen_SR71

Saleen_SR71 Active Member

City, State:
      San Jose, CA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '97 EB 5.0
      well i want an indash monitor, but dont know which company to go with...

well i heard that jensen, alpine and pioneer have "great" resolution/clairty to their screens... but kenwood and clarion arnt as good, but have something{s} that those companys seem to have... and thats a 5.1 DTS processor and DVD changers.

then theres sony ... well im running a sony HU right now and its sorta crappy, but i like it because its a push button volume control as opposed to a turn nob

and theres panasonic which ive heard nothing about... but based on their past products that ive used... they were great...

but if i went for visual performance... id definately go with Alpine... but for sound performance, id probably go to Clarion

well i just wanted to get your opinions, and past/current experiences with in dash monitors for: (any model)

Alpine
      Clarion
      Jensen
      Kenwood
      Panasonic
      Pioneer
      Sony

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. goobenet

goobenet Active Member

City, State:
      Waite Park, MN
      94 XLT
      The Kenwood 7x series is good double-din monitor with dvd/5.1 built in. Only about $1400. Then again i'm biased, Kenwood or pioneer 4 life! (even directed monitors aren't as clear as the kenwood and the DEI's carry a 80% more markup)

4. Saleen_SR71

Saleen_SR71 Active Member

City, State:
      San Jose, CA
      '97 EB 5.0
      you must mean thek KVT915... i just looked in to it... and the 915 is the only one with built in 5.1 the others have external 5.1 processors (not to mention but its $2900 from kenwoods website)