Loss of GPS Signal on 2017 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Loss of GPS Signal on 2017 Explorer

Bull Valley

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017, Explorer - Limited
Has anyone had a problem with their Nav system where you would get the "No GPS" icon? This always seems to happen when I take my vehicle out of the garage for the first time during the day. The map will load properly and then after driving for about 1/2 mile the "No GPS" will appear on the map. Sometimes the location on the map will be fine all along my 10 mile drive and other times it will loose the location after only driving a few miles and the map will show nowhere near my location. If the vehicle is parked outside for awhile and then restarted everything is fine. Why wouldn't the Nav system acquire the GPS signal after I pull out from the garage and driving in an open area with no obstructions? This only started after I upgraded the software on Sync from V2.3 to V3.0. Thanks

When you first take off it knows where you are and based on that it can judge where you are going. It takes awhile to tell you because it’s trying to find it first. I would put an aftermarket one in the window to test it. If the aftermarket one is doing the same thing then it’s the location you are at. If it doesn’t have an issue complain to ford.

Back