Lost Control of HVAC - 2007 Sport Trac Limited V6. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lost Control of HVAC - 2007 Sport Trac Limited V6.

swingwing

Reaction score
City, State
Colleyville, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac Limited
After starting cold engine this morning, I lost control of heater blower motor. It was stuck on high speed and would not shut off when I pressed the OFF button switch. Temp control seems to function normally. Checked fuses under dash and underhood relay (swapped identical relay next to HVAC position) with no change. Dashboard mode switches appear to work normally. I suspect the heater blower motor resistor, but didn't see it when I looked underhood tonight. Can someone give me guidance on where to look for the resistor?

Blower speed controller, it is on the pass side inside the car behind glovebox.

Had a look behind the glovebox, and everything looks fairly accessible. Can anyone tell me what an EATC is or what it looks like? I see a black plastic electrical box about 5" x 2" mounted vertically next to the blower motor.

Finally got squared away with the correct part. Ford dealership parts guy sold me the resistor 4L2Z*19A706 that fits the Manual HVAC system. Mine's the EATC version, which takes the 6L2Z*19E624 piece. Not necessary to take the glove box off, but it's easy to do if you want max visibility or want to do a little dusting while you're in there. The part is held in place by one 8mm screw - back that out, release the connector, reassemble, start engine for test. Five minute job.

I took some pictures but am confused on how to put them in this post.

Back