Lots of new stuff. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lots of new stuff.

I've ordered a few things lately, and I will post plenty of pics once they are all installed.

Here's a list:

***Front Bumper from CRL Customs
***Rancho RS 9000X shocks
***Fiberglass Fenders - 5" flare from Fiberwerx
***Fiberglass hood from Explorer Express
*Warrior shackles for a bit more lift
*Torsion Twist
*Ford Racing hood pin kit
***Four PIAA 80 Pro XT lights
***Two PIAA 520 fog lights
***Warn D-ring shackles
*Classic Tube 8" extended SS braided brake lines
***Warn 9.5ti Thermometric Winch
***200 amp alternator

Pics to follow!

EDIT: The * items have arrived. The *** items are installed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Doc: The Goblin's going to look good and mean when you are through with all that. $800 for the hood and fenders seems pretty high since it will get scratched up like the rest anyways. The Bucs flag on the side, is that a decal or magnetic? :cool:
Can't wait to see the finished product.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

The Bumper is mounted!!! Looks bad-a$$. I immediately bolted on the PIAA 510's and 520's. No winch yet, so I didn't mount the winch plate yet. Too dark for pics, but plenty tomorrow. One thing is that now my oil filter relocation needs to be relocated, as it's hanging down into open space, just waiting for something to rip it off. Gotta figure out where to put it now.

I'm going to just mount the fenders myself sometime this week.

Still waiting on the hood. Explorer Express is trying to track it down right now. That should be an easy bolt on. I'm also going to get some more quotes to get the hood/fenders painted. There is no way I'm paying $800 for that. I'm just going to get some place to do it cheaply, since they will most certainly get scratched up. No need for expensive German paint!

Once it's painted I'll take care of hte hood pins.

Bucs flags are magnetic. I was also going to put up some window flags, but can't find them anywhere around here. I'll have to have my brother send me some.

$800 isnt that bad. thats about right. Well here in Jersey at least..

$800 really isn't that bad of a price for tha work that they do and the paint they use, but these are fiberglass fenders and hood on a truck used off-road. Scratches are inevitable. No sense in paying that much when I KNOW it will be ruined eventually.

Anyhow, I couldn't wait to post pics till tomorrow, so here are some dark night pictures. I mounted my PIAA 510's and 520's right away. Not wired in though.

EDIT: Got rid of these carppy pictures. See below for better pics of the bumper.

Originally posted by Hokie
Looks great.. I guess you can't ever put the stock bumper back on eh? (you had to cut off the frame horns right?)

Of course I can! Just gotta do a bit of welding. Lot's of duct tape would work too!

Here is the bumper in the daylight.

Front View. Starting to look a little like Vegas Jr...

4434crl-bumper-01.jpg

4434crl-bumper-03.jpg

Huge Gap. Can't wait to mount that winch!

4434crl-bumper-04.jpg

4434crl-bumper-05.jpg

Here's my poor little oil filter hanging out in the open. He had a nice little house before, but now it's been taken away. Should I move it or do you think it'll be OK?

4434crl-bumper-07.jpg

4434crl-bumper-09.jpg

4434crl-bumper-10.jpg

That seems scary. It's probably not that bad, when you figure the approach angle you'd need to clip it. That said, I don't think I'd want to risk nailing the filter if I were out in the woods and found that one stump sticking up... :eek:

Oh... but I love the bumper. It looks great! :cool:

Bumper and lights look great on there, but I think it's time to find your filter a new house. It seems a little too exposed IMO.

Originally posted by Bashman
Bumper and lights look great on there, but I think it's time to find your filter a new house. It seems a little too exposed IMO.

Yeah I know. On the other hand, it's almost like having another oil cooler wiht it in the open like that! :D

I will be relocating it soon.

Be sure to post new photos. I want to do a bypass filter on mine, but seeing that photo, I realize how little protection it has there - even with a stock bumper on the front. I can't bring myself to put it on the frame rails (shown in the photos on the Amsoil site) because I go over way too much hard snow / snowbanks. I know I'd rip it off in the first storm... and that would be a seriously bad deal for my everyday driver...

Yeah, with the stock bumper it looked nice and safe. But it was just plastic, and now I can see just how vulnerable it was. I'm just not going to do anything risky till it's moved to a more scure location.

UPDATE: The hood is finally being shipped out on Monday, so I should have it by next weekend. Hopefully!

Are you keeping tab of all the expense? Looks like you are going all out on this. I must say its looking mighty good. :)

Originally posted by X~FACTOR
Are you keeping tab of all the expense?

What?!?! Of course not! I f I actually kept track of how much I was sepnding I'd really hate myself. Don't even want to think what the wife would do to me! She loves cars, but she has her limits. Some things are best left unknown...

Originally posted by DocVijay
What?!?! .... Some things are best left unknown...

This is EXACTLY what I tell myself every time I go to the barn.... :p :) :D

Originally posted by BensBud
This is EXACTLY what I tell myself every time I go to the barn....

Umm.... WTF :eek: :confused:

Sorry. Not clear? :p You think you can burn money on modifying an Explorer, try owning a horse. I try not to keep track of expenses at the barn - my wife would not be happy.

LoL, I thought you were being sick/funny :p I was just kiddin anyways :D

Gotta Love eBay!

I just won a Warn 9.5ti Thermometric Winch for $800. Not a bad deal. The two local places near me that sell Warn wanted $1100 and $1200 respectively, plus tax of 8.25%. I just saved myself quite a bundle! Can't wait till it gets here, then Goblin will almost be complete (yeah right, like that will ever happen).

Back