Lots of new stuff. | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lots of new stuff.

I've ordered a few things lately, and I will post plenty of pics once they are all installed.

Here's a list:

***Front Bumper from CRL Customs
***Rancho RS 9000X shocks
***Fiberglass Fenders - 5" flare from Fiberwerx
***Fiberglass hood from Explorer Express
*Warrior shackles for a bit more lift
*Torsion Twist
*Ford Racing hood pin kit
***Four PIAA 80 Pro XT lights
***Two PIAA 520 fog lights
***Warn D-ring shackles
*Classic Tube 8" extended SS braided brake lines
***Warn 9.5ti Thermometric Winch
***200 amp alternator

Pics to follow!

EDIT: The * items have arrived. The *** items are installed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Re: 200 Amp ALt

Originally posted by Nicaraguense
¿Wherdja get it? ¿How much was it? And do they have it for the 4.0 SOHC? Also, ¿is that a jacked up ¡TWO WHEEL DRIVE!?

Check the post in the Group Buy section. 10% off or free powdercoating. THe first post has a link that lists what's available.

And yep, it's a 2WD.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

LoL, the alternator was in the group buy forum I believe.
Yes, that is a 2wd. I believe that a V8 swap is the plans for the future...

Doc, that looks AWESOME!!!

Edit: Damn too slow :p

Looks awsome. Very nice hood. How is the flatness of the top of the fenders to the hood? Does it look stock?

Dude that hood looks awesome.
I really like how the hood and fenders look good together.

Originally posted by sapogmxr
How is the flatness of the top of the fenders to the hood? Does it look stock?

No, it's not quite flat, but I never expected it to be perfect. I'll try to snap some quick pics tomorrow if the sun comes out so you can see. It's pretty good for aftermarket fiberglass though.

Does it look stock? I hope not, that's the whole point! :p Seriously though, I know what you mean. To put it bluntly, no, it doesn't. It will look better once I get it painted.

Hey Doc, I really like the look on the Goblin with the new hood. I am also very glad to hear you are alright after throwing the wheel (even though you down played it).

Originally posted by Shagnasty
sweeeeeeeet!

Thanks. Hopefully will be painted soon, and then it'll look even better. Well, as soon as the fender is replaced. Found a place that'll do the entire front end for $350. Much more reasonable than the other place that wanted $800.

I think I'll put Herculiner on the bumper tomorrow. Well, if it stops raining...

$350 is a great price. Votech schools are also a great place to go for a paint job. They are supperivsed and do great work considering its all compitition. Just another thought for those out there.

DocVIJay: Since we have the same rack, can you do me a favor and post pics of how you attached the lights on the front. Did you just weld a flat bracket with a hole or is it more complicated than that?

Yakima actually makes light mount brackets. I ordered 6 of them and bolted them on (4 in front and 2 in back). They make it very easy to mount lights.

www.yakima.com

Go to Products --> Cargo --> Gear Basket Accessories

8007075-prod-a.gif

That hood scoop front shot looks mean. :) It goes well with the side fender. NICE!

Herculined!

I put a nice coating of Herculiner on the bumper today. Went on very easy, and my hootus came through unscathed. I shoyuld be bolting in the alternator tomorrow, so I'll get some photos of that tomorrow.

Nice, I wanna set of those fenders :D How much were they if you don't mind me asking?

hey man.. did you win the freakin lottery?!?!?!?

oh by the way.. i just looked at the family tree and we are actually brothers! i expect something nice (like a winch) for christmas. :D

lookin good. now time to SAS it!

Originally posted by IAmTodd
Nice, I wanna set of those fenders :D How much were they if you don't mind me asking?

They were $300 from Fiberwerx.

And now I have a repacement fender on the way. Hopefully no more wheels will be falling off! :mad:

Originally posted by jasonb
hey man.. did you win the freakin lottery?!?!?!?

oh by the way.. i just looked at the family tree and we are actually brothers! i expect something nice (like a winch) for christmas.

lookin good. now time to SAS it!

Lottery? I wish!

Brothers huh? Hmmm, I didn't realize. My parents were busier than I thought!

As for a SAS, I'm waiting to see what happens with the long travel coil-over suspension that GIJOE is working on with McNeil.

Bumper almost done!

The bumper has been Herculined, and it looks great. The winch plate is being modified (a bit of trimming), and should be ready tomorrow. I'll paint it this weekend, and the winch should be mounted on Monday, hopefully!

Anyhow, here are some pictures in the meantime:

4434herculined-01.jpg

4434herculined-02.jpg

And here's my lovely X waiting for the replacement fender.

4434herculined-03.jpg

That last shot reminds me of T2 for some odd reason... lookin good Doc :D

Originally posted by Premier
That last shot reminds me of T2 for some odd reason...

Really? Maybe if I put a guy with a big laser gun in the back...

I was looking at it like the cover of the mivie, where Arnold is missing half the skin on his face :p

But a big laser would be pretty cool, do you know where I could find one :D

Back