Lots of new stuff. | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lots of new stuff.

I've ordered a few things lately, and I will post plenty of pics once they are all installed.

Here's a list:

***Front Bumper from CRL Customs
***Rancho RS 9000X shocks
***Fiberglass Fenders - 5" flare from Fiberwerx
***Fiberglass hood from Explorer Express
*Warrior shackles for a bit more lift
*Torsion Twist
*Ford Racing hood pin kit
***Four PIAA 80 Pro XT lights
***Two PIAA 520 fog lights
***Warn D-ring shackles
*Classic Tube 8" extended SS braided brake lines
***Warn 9.5ti Thermometric Winch
***200 amp alternator

Pics to follow!

EDIT: The * items have arrived. The *** items are installed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey Doc, what happened to your Front Ford Emblem?? Did you paint it white??

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Originally posted by CarFreak146
hey Doc, what happened to your Front Ford Emblem?? Did you paint it white??

No, I had Lumi-Logos and they both fell off (front/back). I need to get some replacements.

Doc, When are you gonna get the fenders and hood painted?! I want to see that thing SASed and 4x4ed up, hot dayum, thats a rig anyone would want!

Soon, soon. Patience grasshopper. Good things come to those who wait. :rolleyes:

No, really soon. I myself can't wait.

I must say its coming along very well.. Looking forward to seeing the winch and paint..

Congrats on Eliteness sapogmxr
thumb.gif

Thanks. I like having a picture now..:D

Alternator is on.

Took a whole 10 minutes. Easy! Anyhow, now I've got 200 juicy amps of electrical goodness on tap for my enjoyment!

4434alternator-01.jpg

4434alternator-02.jpg

Everything's finally here.

The SS braided brake lines fron Classic Tube finally got here. Extended 8 inches. Hopefully this weekend I can slap on the Warrior shackles and twist my torsion bars a little.

4434brake-lines.jpg

EDIT: BTW, these are the front lines.

How much did thoes lines cost ya?

Since they were a completely custom job, they were about $40 each. No one makes them for my year of X, so I had no choice. They do look good though!

I've noticed that you no longer have you hood or drivers side fender:rolleyes: by chance would you happen to still have them?

Originally posted by DocVijay
Since they were a completely custom job, they were about $40 each. No one makes them for my year of X, so I had no choice. They do look good though!

Thats cool, i just e-mailed them about getting a custom set 22" long and with the fittings for my SAS, we'll see what they say!

Originally posted by IAmTodd
I've noticed that you no longer have you hood or drivers side fender:rolleyes: by chance would you happen to still have them?

Yes I do, but someone already has dibs on them. If that doesn't pan out, I'll let you know.

Thats cool, I'm trying to start to track down parts in case mine gets totaled :)

Originally posted by Yomie
Thats cool, i just e-mailed them about getting a custom set 22" long and with the fittings for my SAS, we'll see what they say!

Unless your rear brake lines are different than mine, they won't make them. I sent them a picture of the rear brake lines, and once they saw them they said it'd be too much. Ford got cheap and used a lot of crimp on connections back there. That's why I only got the front lines. If you know the sizes of all your hardware, then they'll probably do it.

I'm going to have a local place make some custom ones for the rear. Or I may just order some separate lines and do it myself.

Here's what scared them:

4434brake_hose_splitter.jpg

The rubber hose is crimped to the splitter from the frame and to the driver side caliper. Then the other end is crimped to the passenger side caliper.

I think I'm just going to replace the whole rear setup fromteh frame hardline down with SS braided hose.

Yeah, the lines i am trying to get is the front lines for my Solid front axle conversion. They e-mailed me back and they need me to send them the size and fitting of the lines.

Can you tell me the size and fitting on both ends of the explorer line you got?

Actually I'm not exactly sure. When I ordered them, I told them it was for a 1999 Explorer. They apparently knew the size that Ford used. I just specified 8" longer then stock.

I'll measure the lines tomorrow. I think they are 3/8" to AN-3 adapters on one end, but I'm not sure waht size the banjo fitting is. I'll check tomorrow and post.

:D

PS - This is not a pad you Nazi's, I'm subscribing to the thread.

in which you could have hit the "recieve updates on this thread" button. :rolleyes: :D

post padder....

Back