Lots of questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lots of questions

Reaction score
City, State
Thornton, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
I have lots of questions and i thought this would be the best place to put them all in one shot. Im planning on getting a 6 inch class 2 lift from skyjacker and putting 33x12.5's on. am i going to have to trim fenders? and will my drive shaft need lengthed and by how much, also will there be to much of an angle from the axle to the tranny on the drive shaft joints, i have also been looking for a winch mount or a bumper that will hold a winch and have yet to find one, Anybody know of any sites that carry them? I also read about the outer spindle lockbnut and was wondering if something is going to happen if i lift it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i was also wondering about worrior shackles, i need new shackles, but if i get the warriors will it give the truck an angled appearance?

www.jamesduff.com has winch mount bumpers.
Now by you saying drive shaft not shafts and saying it goes to the tranny I can assume you are 2wd? Stock shaft should be long enough but just barely. I would only get it lengthened if you have issues with it after you drive it some. The u joint angles wont be too bad. Warriors shouldnt make your truck look too slanted. In fact often they just level it out fro a first gen as the stock springs are probably sagged.

o yea, sorry i mean my t-case, so would both drive shafts be alrite, and if i lengthened both of them about an inch would i be alrite and not have to worry?

with a 6 inch lift I've heard of people keeping the driveshafts the same lenth, or they make the front one longer...I've never heard of anyone making the rear one longer.

I have 6 in the back and did not have to do anything. When I got my lift, I asked for 4 and got 5.5 in the front and 4 in the back. I went to Pep Boys and bought hot rod shackles for the other 2 inches and no problems. I also have 33's. The only time I have problems, is hitting bumps and turning at the same time. I will get a 2 inch BL for that.

Back