• Register Today It's free!

lower radiator hose

Coonash

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Charles, La.
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
Ok, my 92 is leaking from the lower hose right next to the power steering pump. :thumbdwn: has anyone else had this problem? I'm changing it tomorrow, but not sure if I need to wrap a little piece of the old hose around that area. Or is there a different kind of hose that has extra "padding"
Thanks

mine leaks too, not very bad though. it doesnt even drip down to the ground, just every so often i check it and i can see a little bit of antifreeze, engine still runs cool though.

There may be some corrosion on the water pump inlet, and if it still has the factory spring type clamp, replace it with a worm clamp.

Update

Well I just had time to change them. I think the top one was still good but I figured it was time. Well the bottom one had a spot worn through due to rubbing on the power steering pump. When I installed the new one I just made sure it was turned a little bit off before tighting it down. It was a good thing this happened the water that came out was nice and rusty brown color. So I also flushed the radiator and ran my hose through the upper inlet to push water through the block till it was clear. So, everything looks good.

Back