1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

lower radiator hose

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by Coonash, December 18, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Coonash

Coonash Active Member

City, State:
      Lake Charles, La.
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      92 XLT
      Ok, my 92 is leaking from the lower hose right next to the power steering pump. :thumbdwn: has anyone else had this problem? I'm changing it tomorrow, but not sure if I need to wrap a little piece of the old hose around that area. Or is there a different kind of hose that has extra "padding"
      Thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. bitchinexplorer

bitchinexplorer Active Member

City, State:
      Texas
      91 XLT
      mine leaks too, not very bad though. it doesnt even drip down to the ground, just every so often i check it and i can see a little bit of antifreeze, engine still runs cool though.

4. Eneurb

Eneurb Active Member

City, State:
      Ajax, Ontario, Canada
      1998 Limited
      There may be some corrosion on the water pump inlet, and if it still has the factory spring type clamp, replace it with a worm clamp.

5. Coonash

Coonash Active Member

City, State:
      Lake Charles, La.
      92 XLT
      Update

Well I just had time to change them. I think the top one was still good but I figured it was time. Well the bottom one had a spot worn through due to rubbing on the power steering pump. When I installed the new one I just made sure it was turned a little bit off before tighting it down. It was a good thing this happened the water that came out was nice and rusty brown color. So I also flushed the radiator and ran my hose through the upper inlet to push water through the block till it was clear. So, everything looks good.