lowerd in the winter time | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lowerd in the winter time

Originally posted by 98FordX24
I have that auto 4x4 garbage. Namitey found out how to keep the clutch from engaging when the rear wheels slip and when I met up with the eXtremeXplorers last weekend, Lizardtrac installed a switch for me. Now I have Auto 4x4, 4 HI, 4 LO and with the switch off I have 2 HI and 2 LO. I like it very much :D
ahhhhh....... didnt know about the Auto 4wd crap. nice mod. now YOU can do the 15 second burnouts.;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah, i know you can't do it. i just thought it was funny that you did that. i couldn't do it anyways, i can't get a moving violation for the next six months no matter what so the awd is on my side so to speak.

while on this topic of disengaging 4wd, i have a 4wd i can turn off with a knob, but i have traction control as well. Any way to turn this off? I can never peel out unless it is around a real sharp corner. For a while i couldnt figure out if hte reason i couldnt peel out was because my truck was really that slow or if i had some sort of traction control, and it says on the back under my Explorer Expedition logo, Control Trac 4wd or something like that. Is there a fuse to turn off traction controL? thanks

I'm pretty sure the 95 transfercase has 2wd, auto 4x4 and 4 LO. There is no 4 HI which is pretty dumb.

I cant do burn outs even in 2 LO. I'm not sure if its lack of torque or if its my scorpion zero's. I'll find out when I put my stock wheels and tires on for the winter. Either way, it will still be fun in the snow.

sure you can. you gotta hold the brake.

Originally posted by james t
sure you can. you gotta hold the brake.
Yeah, I guess I have to practice.

Originally posted by rydinhigh
nope no 2wd in our neck of the woods. only 4 auto 4 hi and 4 lo
That the same thing I had. Not anymore :D

Back