boominXplorer

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 4x4 Mounty
Man I thought I could never wait till the warrenty ran out. Well it did and now she is lower. The rear is 1 inch blocks and the front is a little less than 2 inches. Surprisingly that is all I got and I took the bolts all the way out

Before shot:
509099_29_full.jpg

After shot:
509099_34_full.jpg

You can also compare it to my moms explorer in the background. I think the drop is just enough. The ride isn't too bad either.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

509099_35_full.jpg

Originally posted by Black Magic
That looks very good. I really like the wheels on the truck too!

What's next?

I want to do something with the grille. I am thinking of doing some type of fiberglass work to make it look like the one that sells for 250$ for explorers from EE. Then I want to get it painted white because it is the only thing left chrome on my truck

Originally posted by aldive
What did the drop do to the ride?

Looks nice.

Ride isn't bad at all! I do know i have to so something with the bumpstops because Im hitting them on the VERY large bumps here around town. Other than that I think it still rides better than my moms 00 X w/ 60k on the ticker

Oh man...it looks a lot nicer!!

Looks great. Those wheels look awsome on that truck.

I'm confused. Didn't you have a Roll Pan on yours?

Originally posted by X~FACTOR
I'm confused. Didn't you have a Roll Pan on yours?

New truck... Old one is dead

Dead?!? Was the roll pan saved?

Originally posted by X~FACTOR
Dead?!? Was the roll pan saved?

Yeah the rear end locked up going down the road and tore out my TC and fubred by tranny in the process. The actual truck is still in my garage but its about back to stock. I plan on cutting the rollpan off and making a mold hopefully. Just to help ya'll out with the 91-97's

Originally posted by TarHeel085
that looks really good, do you have the orange on your tail lights painted?

Sure did (1st day mod)

The tails look awsome. Do you have a writeup on them?

Originally posted by X24
The tails look awsome. Do you have a writeup on them?

No but its simple all you do is tape over the clear part and then hit up everythign with testors transluscent candy apple red paint.

That drop looks real good. Are you planning on going monotone?

Only if i wreck it will i go monotone. I kinda like the 2-tone

What size tires are those. I have 96 Cobra wheels on mine with 275/55/17's. Its time for new ones and I would like something shorter. I didnt know if the stock mustang tires would look too small. Your tires look right.

Wow I just saw the last post was in 2004. Oh well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What size tires are those. I have 96 Cobra wheels on mine with 275/55/17's. Its time for new ones and I would like something shorter. I didnt know if the stock mustang tires would look too small. Your tires look right.

Wow I just saw the last post was in 2004. Oh well.

What you want is a tires closest in overall diameter to your stock tires. A 235/75/15 has an outside dia of 28.8". I was running a 255/55/18 which is about a 29" tire. I think if you go any smaller than a 28" tire it will not look right.

BTW this post is from back in 2004 but I STILL have a lowered mounty (not the same truck though)

Back