Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Lowering a 92

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by airkevin23, October 2, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. airkevin23

airkevin23 Active Member

City, State:
      St. Louis
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1992 Eddie Bauer
      I've done a search on lowering these things and i've found with 95's and up they are apparently pretty easy. What about a 92, I'm not going to do this myself so I'm wondering how much it would cost to lower a 92 3 inches.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. TDG

TDG Elite Explorer

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      93 XLT
      It depends on how you do it, you could try to find some lowering springs for the front but they will only give you 2" and most have been manufacture discontinued maybe a little over $100 if you find them.

For 3" in the front you will probably have to go with drop beams such as these http://www.truckn-store.com/product.asp?returnURL=default.asp&ID=18775 which are right around $420 but let you keep most of your stock suspension geometry. There are a few other places that make drop beams but I don't have links to their sites.

In the rear you could go with 3" lowering blocks which you can get just about anywhere for under $30 or go with drop leafs for about $130.