"Lowering" a myth or something? Heh? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"Lowering" a myth or something? Heh?

nice

They all look good -the one that looks really low is the green one in the grass but that may be the grass-

Thanks for the pics -

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that ones lowered 5 inches... with the relocator thing done (it was one of the first to do that, and destroy his ride... not to hate on y'all who have done it)

how much did you drop yours? It looks nice...

it says in my first post lol. oh well, its just two inches, but with my wheel and tire package it looks a little lower than most at that height. imo- it is about as low as you can go with a "sport" truck explorer without starting to remove some of the sportiness unless you use bags. btw- the green one disappeared so i'll post it again. personally i think its horrid and doesn't look as low as it should at five inches, but it does show something (i'm just not sure what)

How's this:

Dead Link Removed

Bill, i gotta say thats one nice fine truck ya got there. Man i love that thing.

Originally posted by espnfreak
Bill, i gotta say thats one nice fine truck ya got there. Man i love that thing.

Thanks for appreciating my efforts. It's still a work in progress. I'm still trying to hook up with the paint guy. I have decided to paint the trim to match and I'm going to paint the mirrors as well. Also, I should be getting my neons soon. I am thinking of doing white(in Florida you can have any color EXCEPT Red or Blue).

Thats a nice X - Looks good - TOUGH!

geocities - took my site down within 20 minutes of posting it here (data transfer) oh well - I will put my pics on my server later -

thats funny about taking your site down.

naplesbill- you truck is sweet, too bad it barely looks lower than my mom's/brothers stock suspension wise escape with 18s on it (the rims aren't ours we were just test fitting) it also has the trim painted. how much are you gonna pay to get yours done?

Originally posted by expo5.0

naplesbill- you truck is sweet, too bad it barely looks lower than my mom's/brothers stock suspension wise escape with 18s on it (the rims aren't ours we were just test fitting) it also has the trim painted. how much are you gonna pay to get yours done?

I'm not 100% sure but I was quoted $400-500.

that sounds like a good price. the best we got at the quality we wanted was 850, but the escape has more of that stuff on it.

expo5.0... what did you pay to get your airdam painted? Does it hit the ground a lot on like speed bumps and driveways and stuff? How has it held up?

i got it painted by the same guy who i mentioned with the escape above. he painted it with money that insurance was kicking me after a car wash messed up my rear quarter panel. i think he would have charged around a 100 though. its just not low enough to hit anything so i've had no problems there. even with the drop i think its still a good 7 inches off the ground. the pic on the elite explorer gallery of my front end is pretty recent, and thats how well its held up after about a year.

Well, thats cool. My explorer looks naked right now with all the trim and everything off. Without the running boards on it actually looks lifted :thumbdwn: . It is taking a little longer than I had hoped for the shop to paint everything but he is giving me a deal so I can't complain. I just want to get everything put on and see how good it looks. :bounce:

Originally posted by expo5.0

Expo5.0,

It's hard to tell from that pic so here is one showing my X versus a stock '01 Sport:

Dead Link Removed

OFF TOPIC

Sorry, but I have to ask, how are you guys posting pictures in the forums?? Where does it give you the option or do I have to be an "elite" member or something?

thanks.

Re: OFF TOPIC

Originally posted by Holty
Sorry, but I have to ask, how are you guys posting pictures in the forums?? Where does it give you the option or do I have to be an "elite" member or something?

thanks.

Two ways:
1) Post them on the web somewhere and use the img attribute to link to them, then they will show up here
2) become elite

I really like the look of your truck Bill. It has a little rake to it. Mine has some rake but its not as low all around as yours.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah Bill, your truck looks sweet with that stance! i think it looks just about perfect at that height, i'm just teasing you about the escape.

Back