• Register Today It's free!

Lowering the Explorer

evasilisin

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Just thought I'd let you guys know... The lowering kit from Eibach (#35121.540) fits the Explorer 4x4... It was designed for the Ford Flex, but they both have the same springs (even though different Ford part #s)... At the SEMA show you may remember seeing the lowered Explorer with 22" wheels... These springs were used for that Explorer. I have ordered them from Eibach, and just received them... Will be installing soon hopefully.

Before Lowering... With 24" Wheels
1-1.jpg

DSCN0369.jpg

Before Lowering... With 22" Wheels
195903620500384_100002422424095_398489_435932204_n.jpg

Lowered with 24" Wheels....

**Pics To Come Soon**

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cant wait to see the after pictures! Upload em!

Can't wait to see lowered pics....

I see you mentioned in another thread that your winter wheels are 285/45/22...can you confirm that size and if there is any rubbing issues. That would make the diameter of the wheel a little over 33" which is 2" over the stock tire. I am very interested in your 22" set-up for my sport but there is not alot of info on this site with people having a larger diameter tires. Thanks

I am very interested in your 22" set-up for my sport but there is not alot of info on this site with people having a larger diameter tires. Thanks

+1 .. have been waiting for someone to write about their experiences w/ larger tires as well.

I know there are some threads looking for lowering kits I found this doing a search not sure how much it will affect the smooth ride but here is something I found that will lower our explores up to 3in
well for some reason I copy and paste thie link and it dont work so here is address

www.##################.com

Ok lol anybody know why my link is coming up like that the site is ##################

ok well lol nevermind guess I cant even spell it out

no ever time i spell it out on here its blocked some how no mater how i do even if I put it in sentence form ... Like AUTO PARTS WAREHOUSE

OH yea dont forget the .com

Spring compressors?

Wow you guys are desperate.

Ok first off don't use spring clamps. I was a kid once with a civic and couldn't afford the really lowering kit and these things suck. They are very dangerous and ride like crap.

I have seen a few explorers using H&R lowering springs. I went to the site and found they do not have an application for the Explorer. So someone found a way around that. All you have to do is find out if the Flex or Edge have the same suspensions as the Ex or not.

If your going to change the springs out I would definitely do the whole suspension, springs, bushings, and struts while your under there.

not desperate people were wanting something so I found something . I personally could care less about lowering my ride until I get new wheels but for those who dont care there ya go

arent people using the Ford Flex springs to do their drop?

Not sure, but have there been any updated pics posted after the ride was lowered with 24s? Interested to know if the Flex springs installed with no problems and difficulties on your Explorer since they are the same springs used.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I installed the Flex H&R springs last week on my 2013 Limited and I believe it looks perfect. I'll upload a pic when I get a minute. They fit perfect.

Back