Lowering the Explorer | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lowering the Explorer

I did a quick search and didn't see anyone bragging about gains in mpg. It was all about power, so I am guessing that any marginal gains, if any, would be offset by more aggressive driving and turbo use.:dunno: I recommend posing your question in one of the several threads on 'tuning'.

Peter
I was replying to the post Livernois posted, "Also helps gain some MPG at the same time"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was replying to the post Livernois posted, "Also helps gain some MPG at the same time"
Yes I realized that. Just thought I'd add my post for info purposes. You may be better off posting on one of the 'tune' threads or sending them a PM since this thread is about "lifting".

Peter

Has anybody had any dealership issues after adding the lowering spring?

Has anybody had any dealership issues after adding the lowering spring?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
What kind of "issues" are you referring to? Lower/raising the vehicle will void warranty coverage if a failed part is linked to the mod.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
What kind of "issues" are you referring to? Lower/raising the vehicle will void warranty coverage if a failed part is linked to the mod.

Peter

Unless the lowering/lifting is installed by the selling dealership. Many dealers customize their vehicles then sell them. They know the consequences of doing this.

Unless the lowering/lifting is installed by the selling dealership. Many dealers customize their vehicles then sell them. They know the consequences of doing this.
That may well be true but the Warranty Guide doesn't spell out such an exemption.

Peter

Hi everyone. I just ordered my H&R Springs for my ‘12 Explorer. I see this post had photos of step by step instructions on how to put them on but were uploaded with photobucket & are no longer available. Anyone have some photos to share on step by step instructions. Checked YouTube but the one video I found isn’t very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone. I just ordered my H&R Springs for my ‘12 Explorer. I see this post had photos of step by step instructions on how to put them on but were uploaded with photobucket & are no longer available. Anyone have some photos to share on step by step instructions. Checked YouTube but the one video I found isn’t very helpful. Thanks in advance.
You can always send the member a PM and ask if they could repost the photos. I have done that several times. However, if you are referring to the ones CobraJohn posted you may not have any luck. I just checked and it seems he was here last on May 13, 2016. Good luck.

Peter

Hey there. I was wondering the part number for the Ford Flex H&R springs.

Thanks.

New Member - 2017 lowering kit?

Good Morning
Does anyone know where I can get a lowering kit for my 2017 Explorer Sport
Looking at dropping it 2 inches

Last edited by a moderator:

New Member - 2017 lowering kit?

Good Morning
Does anyone know where I can get a lowering kit for my 2017 Explorer Sport
Looking at dropping it 2 inches
Welcome to the Forum Steve.:wave:
Your thread was merged with this existing one found with the Foprum's 'Search' feature (upper right)..
Good luck.

Peter

2018 Explorer XLT Lowering Springs

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the forum but wanted to share some info on lowering my Explorer with the H&R 51630.

My initial drop was only 7/8" in the front and 1.25" in the rear. After waiting over two weeks for my springs to settle I decided to trim the rear coil to get the back to sit level. I cut half a coil in rear (larger diameter side) and now everything sits perfect. Cutting half a coil gave me an extra .75". After an alignment everything drives great! Note...... I have a 2WD Explorer

Last edited:

ThisThreadIsWorthlessWithoutPics.gif

Here are a few pics! Note, I have FWD so I can't say how it will apply to others =)

ThisThreadIsWorthlessWithoutPics.gif
IMG_2408_zpsvhyeci6w.jpg
IMG_2411_zps9a0wpe1x.jpg
IMG_2409_zpsd8prah1e.jpg

That looks pretty sweet.

Does anyone know if the Ford Edge springs are compatible with the Explorer?
I already know that you can use the Ford Flex springs.

Anyone? Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you new to Photobucket
Why are their logos messing up your pics???

Here are a few pics! Note, I have FWD so I can't say how it will apply to others =)

IMG_2408_zpsvhyeci6w.jpg

IMG_2411_zps9a0wpe1x.jpg

IMG_2409_zpsd8prah1e.jpg

Back