Lowering the Explorer | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lowering the Explorer

Are you new to Photobucket
Why are their logos messing up your pics???
Maybe that is the way they come out now that Photobucket has allowed linking pictures again? :dunno:

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello all, I aleady have 22" wheels on my '15 XLimited. Any suggestions/recommendations for lowering or leveling?

Current tire size is 265/40R22

Hello all, I aleady have 22" wheels on my '15 XLimited. Any suggestions/recommendations for lowering or leveling?

Current tire size is 265/40R22
Your thread has been merged with this one. You have to remember that if you level it, then any weight in the cargo area will raise the head light beam pattern in a negative way. That is one reason why many SUV's have the back end sitting a bit higher than the front.

Peter

Hey everyone,

I have a 2015 Ford Explorer Limited, and I’m looking to lower it since I have to replace the struts and shocks soon anyways. I’m looking for more of an aggressive stance and would like to know my options. Can anyone lend a hand in pointing me in the right direction?

Hey everyone,

I have a 2015 Ford Explorer Limited, and I’m looking to lower it since I have to replace the struts and shocks soon anyways. I’m looking for more of an aggressive stance and would like to know my options. Can anyone lend a hand in pointing me in the right direction?
welcome to EF! check the modified 5g subforum

If doing this yourself you will need a good spring compressor tool and know how to use it. I think Steeda and H&R make kits for the 5th gen. There is a coil over kit too but its over $1000+

I have either overlooked it, or it hasn't been mentioned:

Are there alignment issues when using the H&R springs? I want to level it out, but I don't want to go through tires every year or so. I know there are 2 different length camber kits for the front only, so I was just wondering if you can get stock alignment without camber kits... If it can be achieved with the already installed adjusters, the I'll order the springs Monday!

Hey everyone,

Welcome to the Forum Jason. :wave:
There are a few threads on lowering the Explorer. Yours has been merged with this one found with the 'Search' feature (upper right). Good luck.

Peter

There is a special alignment bolt kit that is recommended. I think the Steeda kit comes with this included. There are threads on the alignment issues. The SHO uses the same kit and sometimes easier to find / search for since its more popular.

Back