Lynchy's wagon | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thought I'd register my rig. Bought her in 2008 65k miles on the clock for $18 grand, always been happy with her until I caught the modding bug (you *******s, yeah you know who you's are). So now I'm extremely happy and love my x and decided to post some pics in here.

This is when I first got her.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2,654
  • Picture 086 (Small).jpg
    Picture 086 (Small).jpg
    33 KB · Views: 2,517
  • Picture 012 (Small).jpg
    Picture 012 (Small).jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 2,522
  • Picture 009 (Small).jpg
    Picture 009 (Small).jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 2,479

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That looks great!!!...I think that the bullbar stripes would be too much. Its the small details that make a big difference...If you need more blue, put on a blue hat :thumbsup:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Good point mate, I think its good as it is. Cheers for the feedback.

I agree with Sean- I like the surround, but the bullbar would be a bit much since it would be hard to line up and have visual consistency of the lines.

Another good point Joe, thanks Mate.

You could add a small stripe if you like this:

Attachments

• mustang stripes 2.jpg
    mustang stripes 2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 481

Thats a great idea Sean, I might have to look into that. I would have gone for a wider stripe but I didnt want to cut into the vinyl for the windscreen washers. Maybe further down the track I might look into a true 70's look (like my avatar). Appreciate the comments mate.:):thumbsup:

Lynchy, you SOB!! I just found your registry. Looks real good mate!!

:chug:Cheers BigRondo, I'm really happy with my stripes and scoop. She's not the meanest dog in the kennel, but she can still bite!:D Hope your nephews rig is going well, Take it easy Mate!!!:thumbsup:

Well me son did me a favour the other day and washed my rig (favour=$15.00). I think the only pic on here of when she was clean is when I first got her, the tyres were even black back then!

So I got some around my block while she's nice and sparkly before I drive on the gravel road to town and she goes back to 'bulldust orange'.

Attachments

• 08012011_004.jpg
    08012011_004.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 642
  • 08012011_002.jpg
    08012011_002.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 457
  • 08012011.jpg
    08012011.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 474
  • 08012011_008.jpg
    08012011_008.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 488

I was going to say- $15 for a wash? Very generous...

Then I saw this pic-

attachment.php

...and realized that it was probably a fair rate since it took longer to wash since it is obviously harder to hold the washmitt without the luxury of opposable thumbs! I thought your boy was riding the ATV- was I mistaken? :D

:D Yep the atv shot was taken a few xmas' ago, he's a fair bit taller now (5' 8" and still growing, He'll catch me soon, 6' 2"). If I could teach my co-pilot to clean my X I'd be a rich man, unfortunately he contributes more to making a mess than cleaning the mess, bloody red heelers, but I forgive him 'cause he makes me laugh and he's a dog.:D

Dang you about maxed out the suspension there :eek:

Yep, she's a real off roader hahahahahahhahahahaa cough cough bollocks. I'd like to go higher but I don't want to compromise highway stability at this stage. When Uma ll comes along in a few years then I'm going more off the beaten track style(I'll have bugger all highway miles to do then), and with my dodgy back I'll be able to justify jacking her to make it easier to get in and out of!

True that, for better off-roading I want a SAS on the rear for my Ex. I've just read a solid axle really jacks up the back of the truck, so an SAS up front is almost required.

Sound sick, a couple of d44's and 35" mudder's, winch and a supercharger(why? - why not!)

or maybe a set of maxx tracks and a rattle gun.

Got a shot of the stage ll airbox mod so I thought I'd post it up. They are all spectre bits and I owe a debt of gratitude to Ronin8002 for helping me get what I needed. Thanks man.

Attachments

• 15012011_003.jpg
    15012011_003.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 459
  • 25012011.jpg
    25012011.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 368

Looks sweet. :thumbsup:

Cheers BigRondo, I don't know if theres any performance gains ...yet, but the note from the exhaust is deeper and that's always a good thing.:)

but the note from the exhaust is deeper and that's always a good thing.:)

Great to hear! The intake looks good.
-I think the more highway miles you drive, the quicker the muffler will break in. Driving in city mostly slows the break in process (I think). I do notice mine is getting a deeper tone. :D

I've done about 800 mile in the last month so I'm well on me way to breaking her in! Glad yours is getting deeper too. You and Danny gave me some great advice when I was looking for mufflers, Gracias Amigo!!

Lost some mpg with the stage ll intake pipe. To early to say how much, but she does seem to be bloody thirsty lately.....Hmmmm.

Back