1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

MAD @ my 2006 XLS Sport

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by dshaulis, November 5, 2005.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. bobbyg123

bobbyg123 New Member

City, State:
    Duvall, WA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    04 EB
    She has every right to be upset. It's become the norm when you buy an American car to "expect" problems with them. I've purchased 3 consecutive Japanese cars and not once have I had any trouble, and I mean ANY trouble. We're talking about over 350K miles here folks.

I'm not here to bag on American cars, in fact I'm strongly considering buying a 2006 Explorer. It just bothers me when I read things like "it's no big deal" if your brand new, $25-38K vehicle breaks down right after you purchase it. Why don't Honda and Toyota suffer these problems?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. awdrocks

awdrocks Active Member

City, State:
    Cancun
    2002 Eddie B.
    AMEN

I had an 87 Toyota 4x4 and an 89 RX7 that i beat the LIVING crap out of in my CRAZY CRAZY teen years. NEVER did they hit the shop. Heres a little pic of how I treated my truck.... yes thats me at about 17 years old... did this jump about 10 times in a row, many times, she went straight home. Sold her cherry. Never repaired anything.

I wish I could get pics of my RX7 sideways and whinning to 8-9 grand almost all day long... and never had one motor or tranny problem (NOT promoting street racing please), just getting a point across.

[​IMG]

4. cwescapexlt4x4

cwescapexlt4x4 Explorin' the Desert SW Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Litchfield Park, AZ area...
    2016 Explorer LTD (FWD)
    The "chrome" is nice, but every once in a while the sun glare is a bit... bright! :confused:

5. justin146

justin146 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Oxford, MS-- home of the Ole Miss Rebels
    2000 XLT Sport 5.0 Turbo
    My truck is a 4 door XLT Sport. On 99-01, it pretty much looks like a Eddie Bauer with no chrome. Click the link in my signature below to see some pictures. I dont call my truck a "sport" though.

6. HardTech

HardTech Active Member

City, State:
    Anna, Tx
    95 XLT
    I feel for ya, and hope its already fixed and if not gets fixed soon.

Secondly our family only ever had one car go bad after purchase. Well I can tell you the dealer almost got the full car back. If it wasnt that they threw in some stuff it would have been returned. If it acts up within the first 100 miles, its gonna be nothing but trouble. I again hope this doesnt apply to you.

Also that whole thing of them renting you a car. Heh, i would have demanded and made them rent you the same explorer you had, or better. Or they can take the car back. Its really amazing what dealership will do when they think your serious about returning a car/truck/suv. Ive made it a point to my dealerships when i buy a new car if theres a ever a problem and something isnt done my way they will get the car back.

7. cwescapexlt4x4

cwescapexlt4x4 Explorin' the Desert SW Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Litchfield Park, AZ area...
    2016 Explorer LTD (FWD)
    Any updates on the repair status?

8. Stic-o

Stic-o Elite Movie Star Elite Explorer

Media:
    City, State:
    Lake View Terrace, CA
    '91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT

You probally will not find one on Ebay for awile, with your truck being so new. You may want to try a after market comany. However it may take a few months for company to come out with them.