MAG-LITE mounting pictures! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MAG-LITE mounting pictures!

Hey guys, i was just curious of where and how everyone mounts flashlights/maglights/etc in their truck, and picture threads are always fun haha.

i got a maglite a few days ago but it doesnt fit in cengter console or glove box so i was thinking about mounting it on the front floor hump, not sure how yet, so anything is welcome!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Perfect spot if you're not using it for anything else.

2cr0xoj.jpg

if there is anywhere easy to set up near the front where i can get to it quickly that it isnt in the way, then thats what i would be looking for, i've seen people mount it on the rearmost window sill but idk if that would be good for just grab the light and go type situations, i thought about front floor hump but that would take a ton of work to get a backplate into..

also, those brackets you use, im asuming they are an actual MAG-LITE product? how much did they cost and can you get them standalone? or are they part of liek a kit with the light included? all i would want are the brackets, if i dont get those ill prob rig up a custom mounting plate with slots for thin nylon straps with velcro (like what laptop cords have to bundle up the wires sort of)

I would post mine but you don't have the panel I used in my Sport Trac. Just wanted to say that the clips work great and you'll be very happy with this simple addition if it's easy to get to but out of the way of daily movements. I considered on the side of the center console and that was my second choice.

hmm i didnt consider the pillars much, interesting idea though, does it get in the way on the A pillar for getting into and out of the truck? does it cut off viewing angle for windshield? i know stuff like havg my stock rear view mirror an inch or so too low for me bugs the CRAP out of me even though its only in the way around certain corners etc...
offtrack thanskf ro replying as well, yea i thought of side of center console but there just isnt any room, i got it to fit inside my console but its just a tota PITA to get to because i have to mess with broken armrest and console cover thing.

oh wait the other picture just loaded, i like that spot under the ashtray it looks perfect for this.. ill have to go check it out in mine, also thanks for that link i will have to pick up a set of those brackets after i get an oil change and new radio lol.

Making use of that stupid tissue slot. Perfect fit.

int7.jpg

Perfect spot if you're not using it for anything else.

2cr0xoj.jpg

Like this spot a lot. Did you use screws or did you use an alternate way to mount the brackets?

I had them attached with double sided tape but it never holds up more than a couple weeks.

Like this spot a lot. Did you use screws or did you use an alternate way to mount the brackets?

I had them attached with double sided tape but it never holds up more than a couple weeks.

Screw them in. That's how I mounted my fire extinguishers.

wood screws or (im asuming) bolts with a backplate behind the plastic?
my ligith doesnt fit in "that stupid tissue slot" its not one of the tiny lights and also i swapped cupholder inserts on my center console so now i got 2 cupholders which si nice but my "tissue slot" is like an inch deep and really not good for much.

haha i wish, i got this for free, (if i was gunna buy myself one i would get the longer one with 3-4 batteries and LED bulbs) because the guy that sold me my truck (friend of mine) couldnt get it to work, the little spring in the bulb end of battery tube came out so you have to put it in just right etc etc, so yea cant really afford any more.

but, maybe after i save up for my radio ill buy another light, i got a head strap LED light already and a led magnet light so i really just wanted the mag for durrability.
right now im leaning to mountin git under ash tray or maybe A or B driver pillar depending on how much in the way it gets there..

i checked a coupel good looking spots in my cab, i am now thinking best would be either driver A pillar or maybe mount it right to the ashtray panel what sits flush with dash, it seems solid enough to hold my light (2 D-cell model) so i might look into doing something with that.

Back