Magnaflow Too Loud | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Magnaflow Too Loud

spencer785

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 EB 4x4 V6
Hi there i have an 08 explorer 4.0 with a magnaflow universal muffler #11216 and its way too loud. can you recommend something that sounds like stock maybe a little louder but when you gun it sounds good. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi there i have an 08 explorer 4.0 with a magnaflow universal muffler #11216 and its way too loud. can you recommend something that sounds like stock maybe a little louder but when you gun it sounds good. thanks

I like my setup....sound video is on my car domain site in my sig.

no offensive but i was asking what you guys recommened for something not so loud not what yours sounds like and yours is also a v8 so it sounds different i have the v6

The muffler he was referring to is a Flowmaster 50 series for SUV's..They are a pretty quiet muffler, little growl when you get on it.

i have an 06' mountaineer v6 and i have a flowmaster 50 series on mine. it sounds great when you gas it and just a little hum when your just sitting there. the flowmaster website has sound clips and heres the link to the exact muffler i have: http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/50_suv.html

hope this helps

can you send me a video or sound clip of your flowmaster mountaunman06 and also is there any resonate in the cab and what part number is yours.

what do you guys think if a dynomax super turbo or turbo

Check your personal messages

okay im going to order the dynomax super turbo just wondering what length should i get. i want it to be as quiet as possible without being stock.

just question for you guys the muffler shop that installed the muffler put on a 14" magnaflow muffler but the exhaust kit that comes from magnaflow has a 22" muffler would that be quiter than mine. thanks

thanks for the video do you have a video of driving with the windows up just wondering how loud it is during acceleration and stuff like that. thanks

sounds good mountain keep up good work

Flowmaster 70 series. It's what I have. You know it's there but it's not overly loud. No drone on the highway or anything. Just a nice rumble and growl when you get on it.

like how loud over stock i want something that sounds like stock unless you gun it. because i have a lot of hills around here at require like 3000rpm to get up them at a descent speed. i have magnaflow 14" right now would a 22" be a lot quieter because thats the size of the muffler for magnaflow system meant for my truck.

A 22" would be quieter than the 14 you now have. Put it like this, I originally put a 40 series with dumps on my ex. It was freaking LOUD!!!! Two weeks later I had a shop install a 70 series with 2.5" exhaust out to the stock location.(tucks closer to the bumper) At first when I drove off, I was like crap it's too freaking quiet. But after giving it some time, I have adjusted to it and I like it. I feel it's a step up from stock. You get a flowmaster tone and you know there's a v8 in there, but you can cruise around and still chit chat. I also have the third cat removed and that will make it sound a little bit louder as well.

Another member mentioned to me that he bought a sport trac with a 70 series and changed it to a 40 because it was too quiet. As long as you get the longer muffler, you will be happy. If all else fails, put your stocker back on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

70 series flows are to quiet for me previous owners of my sport had them and i got the 40 series flows and big difference in sound. I didnt like the 70 series I think I have the 70series somewhere. If i find them does anyone want it if i find it.

I love my 40 series a lot more cause its more louder and deeper tone but it wont sound like a V8 i still got my cats but i wanna remove like 2 of them.

Back