• Register Today It's free!

Major roll

List of damge
-Bent frame, gas tank pushing into the rear drive shaft
-Bent wristed radius arm
-Bent rim, tire still holdig air
-All but three windows
-Roof colapsed about 1 to 1 1/2 feet
-Broken front Panhard bar, still salvageable with parts.
-Drivers side rock slider
-Not a straight body panel with the exception of the unscathed rear hatch.
-Drivers door no longer closes after being pryed open.

Everything else is good. Just need a new frame and body to transfer all the parts over. Didn't even break any lights.

Here's the story, as usual, as with my previous roll over, it is not very exciting. Driving dow a fire road at about 20 mph, I reached over to grab the CB mic from the passenger floorboard. I drifted right as I did this and the passenger side hit the supersoft shoulder of the fire road. I tried to correct, but to no avail we went over and ended up about 30 ft down up against a tree, upside down. The two boys were both on the passenger side and were out easy. I was pinned and it required a little bit of pressure from a wich to pull me off the roof a little to give me enough room to get out of the drivers side window.

It took three winches to get it out, but she still runs and moves under her own power. Of course, this was after I pulled the plugs and cleared the oil out of the cylinders.

I will post picture later when I get home.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Kevin..I am pretty new here and it takes me a while to go through all the threads to try to get to know a little about everyone! You had quite the sheet metal twister in the beginning and you really transformed your bent X into a great looking machine again..Fantastic job..really!!! I have been in some metal mashing situations myself...soooo, I kinda understand..in a small way..!!!! Good job..It looks like you have some great wheeling country around you!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MMM, that look's so nice, good luck with the rest of the project...

so i was randomly looking thru this and noticed u are from mt vernon...was just up there a few days back comming home from baker on a snowboarding trip.

So I'm going to make a new rule for this board right now. If you have a straight axle on your Explorer, you can not, I repeat, CAN NOT have an avatar of it sitting on a friggen trailer!! Get out there and get some pictures! :p :roll:

I am not allowed to wheel it until I get the roll cage in. Wife won't let me. After she saw the truck after it rolled and the bruise on my shoulder crying about that could have been your head blah blah, I had to at least compromise. I'll see if I can't find a stump in the yard to crawl on. I'll probably have to get dressed up in full padding and a helmet though. Maybe I'll just do it when she's not there.

Diff Whack Daddy said:
I'll probably have to get dressed up in full padding and a helmet though. Maybe I'll just do it when she's not there.
rofl3.gif

Back