Manual 3rd row seats? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Manual 3rd row seats?

0OmkcD8l.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pics of underneath brackets didn't come out. Way to dark by the time wife got home from the gym. I'll try to get a few more in the morning

Awesome sauce. Yah, the pics underneath the brackets will be the key. I imagine that you pull the handles for the seats to come up, then once up a pin or something clicks into place? Then you pull the handle up and it releases the pin and the seats fold down?

Also, if you open up the tire changing tools area, you might be able to get a better pic of the bracket. I am specifically looking for how the lock engages.

Wife left early this morning to take her dad for his cancer treatments so I didn't get a chance to get the under seat pictures. Hopefully tomorrow morning

Michael,

I am still interested in pictures if you are still interested in taking the time to get them. Thanks!

I was just logging on to tell u that I didn't forget about you, but the weekend kind of got away from us. We had a schedueled wedding on Sunday, and left right from that to attend a wake in Connecticut for a friends father, and didn't get back to Jersey til late. Then my wife the teacher who has summers off from work, packed up herself and our daughters and headed down to the beach early Monday morning, and I won't see the explorer again in till Friday night when I join them after work. So it looks like Saturday morning I should be able to get good daylight pictures for you and I set a reminder in my phone,

My wife was kind enough to send two shots from the beach, I'll get more from the jack area saturday

XEunAAal.jpg

Here are two pics from the tire tool storage area
wjzoHKcl.jpg

Hi, did you guys finally get to retrofit to a 3rd row manual setup? I have the same issue with my 3rd row electric seat (I broke off the gears to be able to slowly lift it up, stow it down, but that takes forever). I would really like to install a manual seat, anybody know of the part numbers and "how to"?

Thanks, Certainly would love to be able to search better. When I search, i get the google search results, I sift through those, but rarely with success...

I looked at the thread, it's for replacing the seats. I thought of that and searched around, but they are hard to find (manual 3rd row seats from junkyard). So I was wondering if somebody had found a way to modify electric to manual?

If you simply disconnect the motor, power seat can be manually operated, but it will not lock in place when upright

You need to remove the gears as well. I got to the point where I just had a steel threaded rod sticking out and I could close and open the seat, but nothing was fixing it in place. I was going to use some straps or install some anchors behind the seat but it would look awful. I hate non OEM look.

Oups, I put in the wrong thread. Here is the thread explaining the Skoffer and Ornery fix. I will try this as soon as I get a bit of spare time. I too like the things to work as they should, but as the electric 3rd row seat is a poor build, I will not spend 250$ + to get a part that can fail at any time. The proposed fix are pretty clean as they are hidden under the rear cargo flap.

3rd row electric seat back won't elevate.

Back