Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Manual Install of Upgrade and Fuse 29?

Discussion in '2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology' started by Falcor00, April 13, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Falcor00

Falcor00 Member

City, State:
    Texas
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2012 Explorer Limited
    Hey everyone. Really enjoy the help on the forum and reading through all the other posts. To make a long story short... I upgraded my MFT software on my 2012 Ex Limited. Everything was great... no errors or performance issues. Then my APIM module had to be replaced last week. Since then the system has been performing slow (lagging), and sporadic errors in functionality have been occurring. Examples are delay from when I push the voice button to receiving an actual response, some weird thing happening when scrolling through my preset stations with Sirius, and occasional freezing which seems to correct itself in 5-10 minutes. I'm writing for advice on two things:
    • Manual install of upgrade - Is there a way for me to upgrade manually. I have the flash drive but my MFT is not allowing me to upgrade as it detects I already have the upgrade. Would love to just to a hard refresh.
    • Fuse 29 - how in the world do I reach Fuse 29? On my 2012 there is a trim piece that looks like it needs to be removed, and then perform the acrobatics needed to reach the fuse?

Would appreciate any help or advice.

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. w1kedz

w1kedz Guest

1) Only the dealer can uninstall / reinstall the upgrade, you can't do a fresh install yourself.

2) The best course of action for getting to fuse 29 is renting a 5 year old kid who's body hasn't quite developed into the rigid structure us adults have. They will be able to twist, bend, and squeeze under the dash to find and pull the fuse. I hear they're going for relatively cheap these days.

4. Gatortailale

Gatortailale Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Reston, VA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2016 Sport
    Could you disconnect battery for a bit since reaching fuse sounds hard.