Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Map lights

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by topo4u2, September 14, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. topo4u2

topo4u2 Active Member

City, State:
      Ontario Canada
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1995 XLT
      Well I sure love my 95 XLT. I have only owned it for a couple of days and I wish I had bought one a lot sooner, and I do not miss the old 85 F1504x4 at all. Anyway, everything works on her except for one thing and that is the map lights in the upper console on the headliner. I took it all apart and from what I can figure the problem lies inside the circuit board that operates the compass and temperature. The function buttoms for the map lights also go into this board as well as the grounds for the lights. What a bummer, I thought it would be an easy fix like bulbs....no wreckers here have one and I bet the dealer wants a fortune.....anyone else had this trouble?????

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. mikefox

mikefox Active Member

City, State:
      Puyallup, Wa
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '95 4dr XLT 4X4 Sold