Mask/Repair minor cracks in Drivers seat? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mask/Repair minor cracks in Drivers seat?

F15E_WSO

Reaction score
City, State
Washington DC area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT; 2001 Exp Sport
All,
My driver's seat in '02 EXP has minor cracks and blemishes from me sliding in and out, sitting for 90K, just wear and tear. The other seats are all pristine as about 75K of those miles I was alone.

There are NO tears, full up rips, anything to "patch". I read many posts here about vinyl/leather painting. I am not so interested in changing the color of the seat but just getting it smooth again, sort of giving it a new "skin". The seat-back doesn't have these issues, just the seat bottom. SOmething that would be flexible and would act like the original skin Ford put on the fabric backing in the first place.

Does anyone have expereince in giving a "freshen-up" to the seat(s) or could recommend something that worked to that effect?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

only thing i can think of is a new seat cover, but i think off the top of my head they run about 200-300 also there used to be a tsb for these i think.

Duct tape!! Fixes anything!

This is definetly something I am interested in too with my drivers seat. Is there a place to order factory like seat covers in leather that will fit like factory that anyone knows of?

Back