Max AC Heat Adjustment | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Max AC Heat Adjustment

Reaction score
City, State
Bonita Springs, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT, V6 OHV
Does everyone else’s Max AC get warmer if they turn the ac dial to heat? My normal AC gets warmer as I turn up the heat, but I can have the heat all the way up during Max AC and it’ll still be really cold air.

From what I understand Max AC only differs since it recirculates air from the cabin instead of drawing air from outside. So I would think the heat controls would still change the Max AC air temperature.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I understand the question correctly, then:
Yes, the a/c gets warmer, or, not as cold as the temp knob is turned to the "heat" or "red" part, this is to allow the control of the temp. of the air out of the vents with the a/c on, but I never have gone full "heat" with the a/c on, cant think of as reason too. If you need heat that bad, the a/c would not be on in the first place.

I’ll run the AC in the morning due to the Florida humidity. While it may be in the upper 70’s in the morning, I still avoid driving with the windows down so I don’t get to work covered in sweat. It’s nice to be able to have dry air with the AC function and still have it somewhat warm. But I would rather have Max AC with warm air since it draws less outside air, which means less exhaust smell in the truck. I’m just wondering if others can get warm air with Max AC on, if so then there’s an issue with my system.

OP - Yes to most of your questions, but why would you want full heat and MAX A/C a the same time? That doesn't make any sense.

If you set to full heat and MAX A/C at the same time one or the other will win, whichever works the best. I guess lukewarm would theoretically be the result.

Weird question.

Not full heat just warmer air than 60 degrees. Something like this:
E4121ECE-FCEB-45A9-BA50-D1F945606C8A.jpeg

I understand, it is a bit of an odd question. It’d just be nice to have recirculated air in the morning without freezing.

Yes, that's fine to do if you find your A/C is making the cabin too cold. Personally I tend to begin with MAX A/C and then switch to regular A/C (which includes fresh air) and I never find it to be too cold, but I know that some find just A/C too cold and want to blend in some heat. That's basically what the Defrost setting does during the colder months. Most of my vehicles have the EATC automatic HVAC controls where you can set the temp from say 60 to 72 degrees.

Back