Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

metal intake manifold 4.0 sohc

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by sinergy, August 27, 2015.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. sinergy

sinergy New Member

City, State:
    jersey
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2001 explorer
    I am going to start the process of detailing my engine bay. I am making a cover that bolts on to the inner fenders and goes around the back to cover the bulk of the wires and unsightly component. I will also be adding some chrome accessories. I was wondering if there was a compatible aluminum upper intake manifold that can be polished for the 4.0 sohc. I was thinking maybe one off of a ranger, but that one looks like it is shaped differently. Would the lower intake manifold need to be changed as well to accept the upper one? I also have a throttle body spacer for the current intake manifold. I am concerned that if I get a new intake manifold that this piece won't fit. Thoughts? suggestions?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.