MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

Thanks Jason, I plan to do just that when I get home!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I updated MFT/Synch this weekend, and now it's working MUCH better! Commands are understood, there's more interaction and explanation by Sync, and it interfaces much better with my iPod in selecting and playing songs and playlists.

The update was easy to do once I got a non-encrypted flash drive, definitely an improvement; I can now enjoy Sync/MFT even more. I know there's a lot of criticism about the system, and rightfully so in some cases, but Ford does seem to be putting the improvement efforts in the right direction.

I've purposely waited to update my MFT system as everything was working perfectly on the 3.6.2 update. Well last week I had my first system reset in a very long time so I thought I would finally update to 3.8 which I did last week. I am now encountering some glitches with my system. It worked fine for a few days and then all of a sudden, the following started to happen. I start the vehicle, the MFT goes to the home screen (all is fine), I then back up out of my garage and the back up camera comes on (all is still fine) and then I put it in drive to go on my way and the MFT screen goes to the main phone menu but only half the menu appears and the screen also freezes. I touch the screen but it won't respond. The screen will reset itself after I shut off the vehicle and restart. This doesn't happen every time I backup but perhaps half the time.

I did a Master reset which seems to work for a few days again and then it started happening again. This never happened with 3.6.2.

Is there a way I can go back to 3.6.2? Is that possible? Thanks!

I noticed the very annoying glitch using 3.8. Every other time I drive my vehicle the red arrow showing current position of the vehicle is 20-40 m behind. I might be right at the intersection and the red arrow is not yet there!
I was first thinking about GPS module, but latest TSB has been applied to it and the other thing is that I have this glitch on my both Focus and Explorer running 3.8. When I did downgrade to 3.6 navigation was working as it supposed to and was showing correct vehicle location on map.

I did a Master reset which seems to work for a few days again and then it started happening again. This never happened with 3.6.2.

I can help you downgrade, I would recommend going to 3.7.11, I find it to be stable. PM me

I've purposely waited to update my MFT system as everything was working perfectly on the 3.6.2 update. Well last week I had my first system reset in a very long time so I thought I would finally update to 3.8 which I did last week. I am now encountering some glitches with my system. It worked fine for a few days and then all of a sudden, the following started to happen. I start the vehicle, the MFT goes to the home screen (all is fine), I then back up out of my garage and the back up camera comes on (all is still fine) and then I put it in drive to go on my way and the MFT screen goes to the main phone menu but only half the menu appears and the screen also freezes. I touch the screen but it won't respond. The screen will reset itself after I shut off the vehicle and restart. This doesn't happen every time I backup but perhaps half the time.

It seems that I've read about that issue before.

Peter

I updated MFT/Synch this weekend, and now it's working MUCH better! Commands are understood, there's more interaction and explanation by Sync, and it interfaces much better with my iPod in selecting and playing songs and playlists.

The update was easy to do once I got a non-encrypted flash drive, definitely an improvement; I can now enjoy Sync/MFT even more. I know there's a lot of criticism about the system, and rightfully so in some cases, but Ford does seem to be putting the improvement efforts in the right direction.

Hi CC Rider,

I'm glad to hear that everything went well. Thanks for sharing. :)

TRK1,

When you paired your phone to the car, did you turn on 911 Assist: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/sync/settings/911-assist-overview.html

Shaay

Guys, I confess I have not kept pace with this MFT/SYNC levels discussion. I have a couple questions. I do not have siri working through the voice button on wheel and have to push her button on my phone or headset. By updating does siri work through the button on wheel?
I assume MFT and sync upgrades are available on the ford site as long as vehicle is under warranty. is that correct?

Guys, I confess I have not kept pace with this MFT/SYNC levels discussion. I have a couple questions. I do not have siri working through the voice button on wheel and have to push her button on my phone or headset. By updating does siri work through the button on wheel?
I assume MFT and sync upgrades are available on the ford site as long as vehicle is under warranty. is that correct?

Yes, MFT v3.8, and iOS 9.3 SIRI works.

...I assume MFT and sync upgrades are available on the ford site as long as vehicle is under warranty. is that correct?
The warranty period doesn't affect the availability of the MFT/Sync upgrades. 2011 models are still getting the same upgrades as later models.

Peter

Hi expoman55,

Updating to version 3.8 will activate the Siri Eyes Free feature as long as you have iOS 9.3 installed on the iPhone. To initiate Siri, press and hold the VOICE COMMAND button on your steering wheel for approximately two seconds. When you hear the tone, talk to Siri as you normally would.

Shaay

please can you help me???

Hi All,

I'v update MFT using the file Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack5Rev2,
and now i've got a big problem, let's see if you can help me

MFT unit, and SIRI functions works great!!

The problem is my system voices. I'm spanish user, and I live at spain, but with the new update, the system voice is LATIN SPANISH, and then street's names and GPS indications fails, telling wrong distances and not recognicing the roads names....

Sorry again for my poor english, and please tell me if you can help me.

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi All,

I'v update MFT using the file Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack5Rev2,
and now i've got a big problem, let's see if you can help me

MFT unit, and SIRI functions works great!!

The problem is my system voices. I'm spanish user, and I live at spain, but with the new update, the system voice is LATIN SPANISH, and then street's names and GPS indications fails, telling wrong distances and not recognicing the roads names....

Sorry again for my poor english, and please tell me if you can help me.

Thanks in advance!!!

please check and post here the language pack in Autoinstall.lst file found in installation package, smth like this:
; Other versions not supported
; autoinstall.lst (EU-Lang pack1 DE-DE_EN-GB_RU-RU_TR-TR)

please check and post here the language pack in Autoinstall.lst file found in installation package, smth like this:
; autoinstall.lst (EU-Lang pack1 DE-DE_EN-GB_RU-RU_TR-TR)

; autoinstall.lst (EU-Lang pack5 EN-GB_ES-ES_FR-FR_PT-PT)

ES-ES is mine, but not ES International, is ES Latinoamerica :mad::mad::mad:

Maybe downgrade???

; autoinstall.lst (EU-Lang pack5 EN-GB_ES-ES_FR-FR_PT-PT)

ES-ES is mine, but not ES International, is ES Latinoamerica :mad::mad::mad:

Maybe downgrade???

hmm, that is strange lang pack 5 should contain spain Spanish. Go to your dealer and check with them

I've made a downgrade but still same problem!!!! I'm getting crazyyyyyyy

Updating sync

I have tried downloading the software and it will not update on the radio. Says online that it should popup on screen to install software but it doesn't.

Make sure your flash drive is NOT password protected! That's the first mistake I made, I had to but a flash drive without encryption for the update to proceed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have tried downloading the software and it will not update on the radio. Says online that it should popup on screen to install software but it doesn't.
Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
When you check the thumb drive does it show the 3 files as in post 267?

Peter

Back