MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

I have tried downloading the software and it will not update on the radio. Says online that it should popup on screen to install software but it doesn't.

You have to unpack the zip you downloaded and then copy that into root directory of a flash drive which must be Fat32 and not less than 1Gb of volume.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HI,

how can i downgrade to 3.7?
There is a thread with the procedure I found using the 'Search' program but the OP indicated it was for North American models only. Perhaps you could send a Private Message to 13Sport to confirm whether it will work for you or not. It may depend on whether your Explorer was built as an 'Export' model or if you bought it here and shipped it overseas.
MFT 3.8 bug and downgrade to 3.7.11

Peter

The other ? is, why you need to downgrade?
A few members have experienced a bluetooth bug where there's a conflict between your phone and a second device connection. The issue is not in v3.7 so some chose to go back.

i had read about a way to change the sys to German language... and the manual use the upgrade vom 3.7 to 3.8 to "add the german language"

but i change my mind and want use the "good old english" in my car :)

This isn't the same scenario, I'm using a different bt device for audio. My scenario is one device for phone and a different device for audio. In this case it will always try to connect to the same device for both.

If you have 2 iPhones handy, try connecting one as phone and the other as audio at the same time. Then shut the car off and then start it again, it will not connect to the two separate devices, it will connect both phone and audio to the same device

This problem is plaguing me and driving me crazy. I can see I'm not going to enjoy having OEM tech in my vehicle. And, the jumping to AM radio is like added insult, when the pairing/connecting fails.
Please escalate this for resolution!!
Also, FORD needs to add a settings menu for letting Owner customize order of media sources. I'd put BT first, with FM second, ...

You must be new to MFT.

Seems like a while since any updates.....just wanted to check if anyone had any new info to report about this. I picked up a 2015 XLT last year running 3.7, wondering if this update is worth doing for any reason other than Siri since I dont use an iPhone

Seems like a while since any updates.....just wanted to check if anyone had any new info to report about this. I picked up a 2015 XLT last year running 3.7, wondering if this update is worth doing for any reason other than Siri since I dont use an iPhone
The updates are shown in post 1 so if you don't have any issues with those then I guess you can stay with what you have. I don't even have a Smartphone but I have 3.8 anyway.

Peter

Phone reconnects easier and faster. Navi version is higher... Other than that, I haven't seen any improvements.

This problem is plaguing me and driving me crazy. I can see I'm not going to enjoy having OEM tech in my vehicle. And, the jumping to AM radio is like added insult, when the pairing/connecting fails.
Please escalate this for resolution!!
Also, FORD needs to add a settings menu for letting Owner customize order of media sources. I'd put BT first, with FM second, ...

Curious why you are choosing to use Bluetooth for audio instead of having the device plugged into the USB port which will yield better sound quality (assuming your music isn't highly compressed). I have an old iPhone in the Explorer for music, but it's wired using the USB ports so it stays charged and provides better sound. Do you use both Bluetooth devices and do not leave the audio device in the Explorer?

I believe the stereo defaults to AM only when it cannot connect to the previous source. I've only had it happen to me a few times over the years. Normally when I was using my audio iPhone, unplugged it and forgot to plug it back in before starting the engine.

Has anyone had trouble with the Ford Owners / SMR site showing that 3.6 is the most current version? I've run a health report, but even several days later, the site still shows no updates available. Sent the IVT team a message here but haven't heard back.

I had that same issue with a previous update. They ended up sending my the current (at that time) update on a flash drive.

Peter

Reply I got from the IVTteam:

The 3.8 update was recently removed from accounts. Please visit your dealer to get the update installed. It will be at no cost to you under the 12M02 Customer Satisfaction Program.

Right after I installed 3.8 I found it to be slightly more smooth and responsive, but not so anymore!
My system became just painfully sluggish, sometimes switching between the screens take as long as about 5 seconds!!!
I've tried everything including factory reset and battery disconnect, but it doesn't help to anything, it is still the same.
It is pain in the ...

Hello,
I would like to launch apps on the phone such as Pandora from Siri Eyes while driving. Is there a way to do this. I always get the response that it can't be done. Advice appreciated. - Derek

Is the Sync2 V3.8 update the same regardless of vehicle? I have it downloaded for my Escape and wondered if it's safe to install the same on my Explorer.

-jw

Is the Sync2 V3.8 update the same regardless of vehicle? I have it downloaded for my Escape and wondered if it's safe to install the same on my Explorer.

-jw
I don't know for sure but there may be some slight differences in the software. For instance there were problems with the ambient lighting early on and there was a TSB issued for it. The software correction of the TSB was then incorporated in the next MFT update. The IVT rep should be able to answer your question. Best to send them a PM.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

While it may be...they now have separate installs for non-nav versus nav and also tweak minor things here and there...for instance there is a newer version of the nav app that has been released since 3.8 came out...some people may be running the old one or new one depending when they downloading the update...its still all considered 3.8 though.

You should download the version for your vin.

Back