1. Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

MFT Text now working

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by Jrister24, April 1, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Jrister24

Jrister24 New Member

City, State:
    Sterrett, AL
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2010 GMC Sierra
    I was driving down the road today & I got a notification that I had a next text message. This was weird to me because I have a Droid X and in the 2 months I've had my explorer, the text function never worked! Was there an updated pushed to the MFT today that made this start working? I'm very excited because it looks like I can send & receive text via voice control!

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Sgt1411

Sgt1411 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    VanBC/GoodyearAZ
    2017 Explorer SPORT
    That's interesting because I know they are working on doing the SYNC software updates through the Sirius system so it's completely invisible to the vehicles owner.

Its also interesting that Sirius offers Sat TV for Chrysler customers but not Ford

4. FordService

FordService Official Ford Rep

City, State:
    Dearborn, MI
    Jrister24,

This is Seni with Ford Customer Service. I just saw this thread and thought I would check in. Is your MFT text still working correctly? I too found it pretty neat that it just finally started working. It is possible that an update kicked in on either your phone or MFT that made it work. Who knows, all I know is that it works and that is good news! In the future, please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

~Seni

5. Bill1234

Bill1234 Active Member

City, State:
    Central CT
    '11 Limited (Lovin' It!)
    What version of Andriod do you have? Was it possible that your phone got an update? I have a Motorola DEFY (Android v2.1). Text/Email is not working. i hope this will change with v2.2 which is around the corner for my phone. :)

6. MikeCallery

MikeCallery Elite Explorer

'11 XLT Tri-Coat
    One of the posts above mentioned Ford possibly doing some updates through Sirius, which I think is pretty sweet, though I doubt they will. I think there is too much of a chance of an update going bad with a dropped link to the satellite.

I'm also wondering if you do not continue your Sirius, how it would be affected?

7. NCSWolfpak

NCSWolfpak New Member

City, State:
    NC
    '11 Ltd.
    I have Android 2.2.1 (HTC Inspire) and SMS via bluetooth doesn't seem to work for me, but I don't beleive it's necessarily JUST my phone since it looks like several Android handsets don't support that feature out of the box.

Last edited: April 18, 2011
  8. mtuhoop24

mtuhoop24 New Member

I have a droid X and I started with version 2.2.1. It only works once in a while. The only pattern I noticed is if I received a text while I am out of the Explorer and then get in and turn it on it may notify me (might not).........I have never gotten one while I am in the Explorer with it running.

I have updated to the Ginerbread version 2.3.3 and it is still the same thing........every once in a blue moon does it notify me.

If I pair and unpair, the Droid X ask if Sync can access the MAP profile on the phone - of course I say "Yes Always" but it doesn't seem to make a difference. It doesn't ask me this all the time when I pair and unpair. This did this under version 2.2.1 and 2.3.3.......................

I don't get that many text messages for it to really make a difference I just would like all the features to work............maybe the new update to MFT will work out some bugs!

9. CTMom

CTMom New Member

City, State:
    Fairfield County Connecticut
    2011 Explorer Limited
    I have a Samsung Galaxy with TMobile & MFT is saying my phone doesn't support texting. :( I'm hoping either my phone will find some kind of update to make it work or MFT will find an update to make my phone work! Either way, I want it to work!!

10. Explorer209

Explorer209 Member

City, State:
    Riverbank, California
    2011 Explorer Limited 4WD
    Anyone using the iPhone 3G?

11. MrBlonde

MrBlonde New Member

2011 Ford Explorer Ltd
    My Blackberry bold 9650 started working with texts right after I upgraded to Sync 2.8...

12. RandyH2

RandyH2 Active Member

City, State:
    MI
    '11 Limited AWD
    Unfortunately this feature is not supported by Apple (yet?).

13. Rocketfan

Rocketfan Active Member

City, State:
    Los Angeles, CA
    93 Explorer XLT
    Does anyone know whether this is related to the issue that arose last year with Apple and Applink? I was hoping Apple and Ford worked out their issues because it looked like Applink would not work with iPhones without an additional hardware authentication component that had to be installed in the Explorer. Because of this, it may be that Applink will never be available in the 2011 version of the Explorer (because no hardware was installed).

As noted in the article below:

"Well, support for the iPhone [Applink] won't come for a full year more (till the 2012 model year). When pressed for more info, Ford's engineers revealed to us that this was because Apple was requiring it to install special computer chips in-vehicle to let the MyTouch system know that it was dealing with "trusted apps"

http://www.dailytech.com/Apple+Wont+Let+Ford+in+App+Circle+of+Trust+Until+2011/article18366.htm

Since I am about to pick up my 2011 Explorer today, I was wondering whether this issue was ever resolved or whether iPhone users will just be out of luck as far as Applink and/or reading text features are concerned.

14. vegastime

vegastime Active Member

2011 Explorer
    I updated my Droid X yesterday to Gingerbread 2.3 and today I received a text in my Explorer while driving. Was able to have the text read to me, with no problem. This is the first time this has worked. Hopefully, it will continue to work.

2.3 was just released at the end of May/beginning of June. How did you have it back in April? Is your Droid rooted, or did you install one of the leaks?

Maybe this official version will solve our problems.

15. Sgt1411

Sgt1411 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    VanBC/GoodyearAZ
    2017 Explorer SPORT
    Did any of the Ex owners/Apple guru's out there sift through all the 200 enhancements to the upcoming iOS 5 software for the iphone to see if MAP BT protocol is going to be supported?

I can only sit through the top ten features then I start to glaze over.

16. rmp301

rmp301 Active Member

City, State:
    Yonkers, New York
    2012 Explorer XLT
    Mine is inop with the iphone 3g

17. harlenm

harlenm Active Member

City, State:
    Shelton, CT
    2013 Limited(lemon swap)
    Not supported with an HTC Inspire.

18. harlenm

harlenm Active Member

City, State:
    Shelton, CT
    2013 Limited(lemon swap)
    Weird that this came up. Mine used to work, then stopped for a few days. On the way home today it started working again out of nowhere.

19. Falcor00

Falcor00 Member

City, State:
    Texas
    2012 Explorer Limited
    Mine has done something weird as well. When I try to initiate a text I get a msg that my phone is supported. However since Wednesday I have been able to hear and send texts audibly when I never could before. Hmmm... I like it!

20. FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam Official Ford Rep

City, State:
    Dearborn, MI
    Ford Explorer
    Which phone do you have, Falcor00?

Rebecca

21. Falcor00

Falcor00 Member

City, State:
    Texas
    2012 Explorer Limited
    Dell Venue Pro. Can't see many consumers have it.... hence I wasn't surprised when it told me I had compatibility issues :p: