Midwest shops that can bore and sleeve the servos on 5R55S? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Midwest shops that can bore and sleeve the servos on 5R55S?

dmenke

Reaction score
City, State
Roseville, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer XLT
Hi all!

I'm living in Forgotonia Illinois, next to Middleofnowhere, and no one even close to me is even aware of the servo bore issue. Can anyone recommend a shop that can bore and sleeve my case? I have it torn down, and I'm nearly ready to reassemble, but I would like to get it sleeved before I do. No symptoms of the bores being excessively worn when was running, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I live in West Central Illinois, Near Macomb, and am willing to drive a few hours to take the case to a shop. Would rather not need to ship, as sleeved cases are available to buy four just over $300

Thanks,

Doug

Hi all!

I'm living in Forgotonia Illinois, next to Middleofnowhere, and no one even close to me is even aware of the servo bore issue. Can anyone recommend a shop that can bore and sleeve my case? I have it torn down, and I'm nearly ready to reassemble, but I would like to get it sleeved before I do. No symptoms of the bores being excessively worn when was running, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I live in West Central Illinois, Near Macomb, and am willing to drive a few hours to take the case to a shop. Would rather not need to ship, as sleeved cases are available to buy four just over $300

Thanks,

Doug
Bump. If you have an answer, please let me know.

Back