Mileage on Delivery? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mileage on Delivery?

69.1 miles on a brand new custom ordered vehicle...

It did come with some BS looking sticker saying my new vehicle was selected at random for road testing...I'm not buying it but didn't seem like much recourse other then denying delivery and requesting a new vehicle after waiting months already.

I don't know what the heck ford could be doing that dictates driving my brand new vehicle that much and yet still deliver it with loose hose clamps!

MileageDisclaimer_zps3e1c4e2e.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It did come with some BS looking sticker saying my new vehicle was selected at random for road testing...I'm not buying it but didn't seem like much recourse other then denying delivery and requesting a new vehicle after waiting months already.

I don't know what the heck ford could be doing that dictates driving my brand new vehicle that much and yet still deliver it with loose hose clamps!

Quality is Job 1!

Ours had 5.1 miles on it.

2 miles when it got off the truck, 9 miles when I picked it up.

However, if it was a purchase, I don't think I would have accepted it.

Oh brother. More 1st world problems.....

In 2011, I test drove someone elses delivery, before they detailed it. They didn't have any demo units, and I wasn't going to order one without driving it. It happens.

In 2011, I test drove someone elses delivery, before they detailed it. They didn't have any demo units, and I wasn't going to order one without driving it. It happens.

Personally, if someone "test" drives my special order vehicle I would be very unhappy. I already signed the papers to purchase it therefore it is mine not the dealer's to use at their whim. I going to call them and make sure they understand this.

So you're cool with spending $30/40k on a vehicle that someone else could have romped on and tortured before you received it? I'm not. Dunno bout you, but I'd rather not have someone else possibly cause me problems later down the road with my new vehicle because they felt the need to joy ride my new purchase. Not saying every dealership or person on a test drive does, but being in the auto industry and dealing directly with car dealerships, it happens..... a lot. At my job, at times I drive customer cars, and I treat them with respect as if they were my own.

Not everyone does- ya know the saying four wheel drives will go so far but a rental will go anywhere. A different dealer told me that once.

Not everyone does- ya know the saying four wheel drives will go so far but a rental will go anywhere. A different dealer told me that once.

Hahah.. precisely. Thank you for the late morning laugh :D

...I finally received my Sport. It was a dealer transfer and arrived with 83 km's on the odometer...

Hi gang,

Sometimes a random vehicle is chosen at the factory to undergo test driving to ensure it is meeting our quality standards. As someone else has already posted, if your vehicle is selected for quality testing, there will be a piece of paper inside indicating this. If you have questions about quality testing, I recommend reaching out to your dealership's sales manager.

Crystal

So you're cool with spending $30/40k on a vehicle that someone else could have romped on and tortured before you received it? I'm not. Dunno bout you, but I'd rather not have someone else possibly cause me problems later down the road with my new vehicle because they felt the need to joy ride my new purchase. Not saying every dealership or person on a test drive does, but being in the auto industry and dealing directly with car dealerships, it happens..... a lot. At my job, at times I drive customer cars, and I treat them with respect as if they were my own.

Also, being a Sport model you know most will want to test the performance. Do they at least make sure the motor, transmission and tires are warmed up first???

Mine had 92 miles on the odometer when I drove it off the lot. Not a big deal.

So you're cool with spending $30/40k on a vehicle that someone else could have romped on and tortured before you received it?

You watch too much TV. Less than 200 miles is a non-factor. Do you ask the dealer to take their shoes off before they sit in it....?

MileageDisclaimer_zps3e1c4e2e.jpg

:rant::rant::rant: Someone get this guy a tissue for his issue.

You watch too much TV. Less than 200 miles is a non-factor. Do you ask the dealer to take their shoes off before they sit in it....?

Not sure why you are so antagonistic. Your "1st world" comment was a put down too. If I buy a "dealer order" car off the lot then I realize it will most likely to have been test driven by others. I will negotiate the price accordingly. But if I special order a vehicle then yes, if I want them to take their shoes off, take them off!

As far as Ford doing a quality control check... I have no issues with that at all.

Do you think over your post before you hit the submit button? And no, they put the paper and plastic on the floor and seat.. that's just fine. :D Trust me, you'd be appalled at some of the stuff that service techs, valets, delivery drivers etc etc do to BRAND new cars on dealer lots with less than 10 miles on them.... but that's fine, continue to live in your little bubble.

Two different hose clamps have blown off, the door creaks any time it moves from a stop, the Air bag light keeps coming on and off intermittently, had a water leak in the third row, smell from the exhaust in the car, squeaky brakes, mirror wind noise/whistle, rough idle, and the no shift issue, ...but whatever, guess that's what you get with a vehicle that only costs $42,000. Glad mine had a qc shake down, can't imagine what it would be like without one...

Two different hose clamps have blown off, the door creaks any time it moves from a stop, the Air bag light keeps coming on and off intermittently, had a water leak in the third row, smell from the exhaust in the car, rough idle, squeaky brakes, mirror wind noise/whistle, rough idle, and the no shift issue, ...but whatever, guess that's what you get with a vehicle that only costs $42,000. Glad mine had a qc shake down, can't imagine what it would be like without one...

I bet 182RG thinks you watch too much TV also. :wtf: :confused:

Was the dealer they traded with 83 km away? Mine had 150 miles because the dealer they traded with was 150 miles away.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As per his post #7 , the dealer was 600 miles away and the vehicle was delivered by transport.

Peter

Back