Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

minor qs

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by trozei123, February 10, 2016.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. trozei123

trozei123 Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1992 Explorer XLT 4x4
    That doesnt sound too hard. I just backprobe the two wire sensor with the engine off? What should the voltage be? Sorry for asking, but electrical stuff is something i haven't done yet.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. natenkiki2004

natenkiki2004 Blue Bomb!

1991 & 1994 Explorers
  4. FirstExplorer

FirstExplorer Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    1991 XLT 4WD
    My 2 cents worth:

As to the headlight switch, after 25 years bonding with my '91 and my wife, my hand knows exactly where to go.

The seats: two hundred and umpty-ump miles, yep, your seats must be shaped like your backdoor.
    I removed mine and took them to a re upholsterer. There are no springs but steel bands under the foam.
    He replaced my bands and foam and they are comfortable again.

And do whatever Nate says (unless it's unnatural) ;-)

5. trozei123

trozei123 Member

1992 Explorer XLT 4x4
    I agree with nate. He knows explorers inside and out.

I replaced the coolant sensor a few days ago, but my engine still revs high after parking. Any ideas? I also found a bit of red fluid in the line from the throttle body to the canister solenoid. Is that a bad sign?

6. natenkiki2004

natenkiki2004 Blue Bomb!

1991 & 1994 Explorers
    One other thing to think about is that it seems more and more from reports I see and my own experience that the tachometers in the first gens are getting inaccurate with age. Sometimes right, sometimes way off. What I would say is you can double-check with your own tachometer or just ignore it if it's not causing issue. It would only be bad if you're revving up to 3,000 RPM or jerking into/out of gears.

7. trozei123

trozei123 Member

1992 Explorer XLT 4x4
    I can check, but I'm not sure if its the teach cuz the engine actually revs higher. The sound is unmistakable. I'm guessing its not hurting the engine, just the gas mileage. I have clocked my mileage at 14 mpg. I'm always in the city, almost never on the highway. If anyone knows a way to get the mileage to 20, I'd love to try it.