Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Misc. parts source

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by cowchaser, June 24, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. cowchaser

cowchaser New Member

City, State:
    Bartlesville, OK
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1999 Sport
    Been searching for 2 days and not coming up with much. Where is everyone buying their misc. parts. Like interior trim pieces, center console arm rest bracket (hopefully something other than the plastic one that keeps breaking) and others. I see lots of websites, but when looking at the site don't seem to be able to find the pieces I need. Not knowing exactly what they are called don't help much either. Ford dealership here isn't much help and expensive for that matter. Junkyard don't have what I am looking for either.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Explorer Addict

07 Camry
    There really aren't a lot of sources. Junkyards, used parts vendors here, LMC Truck has some, but they're really expensive.

4. cowchaser

cowchaser New Member

City, State:
    Bartlesville, OK
    1999 Sport
    Thanks Joe. I guess as they get older the parts aren't as readily available. I did read a post on here where the plastic bracket for the arm rest some have found some made out of metal. that would be something I would be interested in. Guess I'll keep searching the back threads and see what I can come up with.

5. shoalcreek5

shoalcreek5 New Member

City, State:
    Utah
    '99 XLS
    You can get a replacement steel armrest bracket at rockauto.com.

6. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Explorer Addict

07 Camry
    Yep- they do sell the armrest bracket kit...

We Support Our Troops!