1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

misfire 303 and 316 NO A/C Solved

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by okxlt2003, July 23, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. okxlt2003

okxlt2003 New Member

City, State:
    Altus Oklahoma
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2003 XLT
    I posted the problem of misfire #3 and misfire during first 1000 RPM's plus I posted A/C problems. Problems finally solved!!!! I replaced alot of parts, but did not find a fix. Plugs,wires,coil pack,crank sensor, o2 sensors, fuel injectors and intake gaskets. Than my ac started acting up! Cold at idle than it would warm up at highway speed. Replaced the compressor. Had it professionaly serviced! That did NOT fix it either. I took it to the dealer!!!

They found a wire going to the coil pack that had pushed back in the connector that was not making connection! They replaced that connector with a new one. It had been arching across long enough it also fried my new coil pack too, So they replaced it too. Misfire problems solved!!! It also fixed my A/C problem, The ECU (engine computer) sensed the rough, misfire problem and it would automaticly cut the power going to the A/C compressor.

So all my work and $$$ was fixed for $272 dollars and a visit to the dealer. Hope this helps someone else. Thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BigRondo

BigRondo USMC 1371 Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Worcester, MA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 XLT V6 4x4
    Thanks for the info! Glad you got it sorted out for short cash! :D:thumbsup: