Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Missfire and a Code normal operation

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by Mlarv5, July 12, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Mlarv5

Mlarv5 Active Member

City, State:
    Crossville TN
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2017 Platinum Ruby Red
    Howdy My wife and I just got back from a long drive from OH to TN and back. During our drive the EX felt like it was surging every once in awhile. I brought it into my dealer and talked to a Tech about it. There where no codes or CEL or a wrench light at the time I dropped it off. He stated it could just be a bad COP. I left it with them for the last three days. The first two days they drove it around but it did not do it for the tech. He said he lives a little over an hour away, and if I would allow it, he would take it home and use a data logger on it. This morning it did it to him on his way to work and tossed a code. He looked up the code (I have not seen it yet) and it stated it was a normal code do not replace anything.

I agreed to pay for the diagnostics if they didn't find anything, since they did and Ford states it is normal, I asked if I had to pay for the diagnostics. The SM said he is not sure because this is the first time he has ever run into a problem being normal. I will know by the end of the day.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Ottawa, Ontario area
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2020 Aviator Reserve
    Callsign:
    VE3
    It seems the Explorer has a lot of 'normal problems'.:rolleyes:

Peter

• Like Like x 1