Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Missing Bell Housing Bolt

Discussion in 'Transmissions & Transfer Cases' started by ksandman, July 12, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. ksandman

ksandman New Member

City, State:
    Haverhill,Ma
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '99 Ranger w/4.0 OHV
    Hi guys,
    One of the bolts came up missing when I went to put my tranny (5r55e) back in. I think my seven year old "helper" disappeared it and the 13mm wrench I was using too. I made sure that I left the open hole one that I could get to more easily after the install. The bolt is one of the middle 4, top to bottom, and is 10mm by 40mm long. Can you tell me what the thread pitch is? Truck is 99 ranger xlt 4wd xcab 4.0 ohv.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Brian T Nickless

Brian T Nickless Member

City, State:
    Courtenay, B.C.
    99 Sport
    Pitch

You could take one of the other easy to get at bolts out and take it with you to the hardware store. Find a nut that goes on easily then take that nut to find the correct pitch for the 40mm bolt. Worked for me :)

4. ksandman

ksandman New Member

City, State:
    Haverhill,Ma
    '99 Ranger w/4.0 OHV
    Thanks!

Thanks Brian,
    Guess that's what I'll have to do. No one I've talked to knows the thread count off the top of their head, so ... , back under I go!

We Support Our Troops!