Moab 2006 Chat Thread | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2006 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BKennedy said:
Yeah, but we already went over this........you need the mid grade gas in Maob just to get 87 octane.

I really don't want to hear any whining about the cost of gas, my RV holds 75 gallons of the stuff, and only gets about 9 miles per gallon. :fire:

Maybe that pop-up you had wasn't so bad :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It doesn't matter much what gas cost in Moab, you dont burn that much while wheelin. Its the 5 or 6 fillups each way to get there and home that kicks your butt. After Moab, I am going to Aspen for 5 or 6 days, and I dayum sure aint buying gas there.
:D I just got a new radar detector for the truck ;) . With my 327 gears I get 16 mpg at 60 mph, and 22-23 1/2 at 85 mph.

AspenX said:
With my 327 gears I get 16 mpg at 60 mph, and 22-23 1/2 at 85 mph.

Wow! :eek: I'll be lucky to get 12mpg at 60mph round trip with the 3.73s in the truck.

Credits cards are NEVER our friends....... :eek:

And about the fuel prices, how many of us have boats? I've got a great boat that I won't be able to afford to use this summer :( at about 2 or 3 mpg. It's a cruiser so we'll be doing a lot of hanging out on the hook by a waterfall instead of burning fuel all day.

ive got one...gas = the suck ;)

GJarrett said:
And about the fuel prices, how many of us have boats? I've got a great boat that I won't be able to afford to use this summer :( at about 2 or 3 mpg. It's a cruiser so we'll be doing a lot of hanging out on the hook by a waterfall instead of burning fuel all day.
Eh, Its not a real boat until you measure it in gallons/mile. :p

Gerrald the key top the boat thing is bringing people on the boat with you and making sure that you stop to fill up while they are all around, this year I almost feel like charging $5 admission....cost me $93 to fill up my boat (33 gallons) but the good news is I can go over 300 miles at 30 miles per hour with the 4.3L V6, a full tank typically lasts me 2-3 weekends at the local lake.

ive got a shirt that i wear when going out in the boat that says "My boat runs on Gas, not Thank you's" lol. People are usually pretty good about offering to help pay...especially if they dont have a boat, they see it as this awesome thing that shouldnt be free, so they pretty much throw gas money at you.

slravene said:
ive got a shirt that i wear when going out in the boat that says "My boat runs on Gas, not Thank you's" lol. People are usually pretty good about offering to help pay...especially if they dont have a boat, they see it as this awesome thing that shouldnt be free, so they pretty much throw gas money at you.

Be careful; unless you are a licensed USCG Captain, taking money for gas or even accepting a ham sandwich, is a violation ( considered charging for a "charter"). They bust people all the time for such.

Aldive does this rule apply with the boat on trailer at the gas station, and also YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME

What is it considered when two people take a road trip and one p[ays for half the gas? Am I charter-ing out my truck?

410Fortune said:
Aldive does this rule apply with the boat on trailer at the gas station, and also YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME

What is it considered when two people take a road trip and one p[ays for half the gas? Am I charter-ing out my truck?

No, I am serious as a heart attack. I didn't make the law or even approve of it, but its the law. Read through the Federal Register at some of the other shall we say, strange laws.

Has nothing to do with the USCG.

----------------

Lets not have this discussion in this thread; we can start another if you like.

Sorry for cluttering this thread.

Back on topic...

I just recieved a call from the Branding Iron. They had a fire and have been rebuilding the place. Unfortunately they won't be open in time for our run :(

I have made reservations at the Bar M Chuckwagon which is located right near the trailhead for Gemini Bridges/Gold Bar Rim Etc... Here is there website: http://barmchuckwagon.com/

This is their price list:
Admission includes Gunfights, Cowboy Supper, Live Western Stage Show and tip.
leathermenu.gif

Adults $23.95
4-10 1/2 price
3 under free

I hope this will be ok with everyone as there aren't many places in Moab that can accept a party as large as ours. Also, if you want to participate in our raffle you must attend the group dinner.

I was afraid the Branding Iron might not come through in time.... the Bar M Chuckwagon looks like a great idea Rick, maybe it's for the best :thumbsup:

I know a lot of other groups have been there and they've had a good time. It's not a place you would want to go back to every year though. Hopefully the Branding Iron will be back and ready for us in 2007;)

Okay fella's you all seem to be "plugged in" when it comes to the goings ons in Moab, is there a website or something where we can get all this great info?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rick said:
Back on topic...

Admission includes Gunfights, Cowboy Supper, Live Western Stage Show and tip.

Do they provide the guns or do I have to bring my own?

J/K

I'm still in on the group dinner, but it looks like I'll be solo again this year. :thumbdwn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back