Moab 2006 Chat Thread | Page 36 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2006 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Front Locker

Any body with a first gen thats going to Moab, want a front locker for $100? I have a Genuine Gear Quick Lok that cost around $300 that I never got to install in my old X before it burnt up. It wont work in my 96, so I will bring it if someone wants it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rick you can put me down for me plus my buddy for the dinner on Saturday.

Aspen just reminded me that I have a gas tank skid plate for an 96-01 4 door Ex or Mountie. I bought it on E-bay with all the hardware and instructions (minus one clip), it has never been used and I ordered it believing it was the same size as my Sport Trac (it isn't of course... it's about 17 inches short :mad: ) that I can bring if anyone wants to buy it... it is really just in the way in my garage and I don't know anyone with an Ex to test-fit and or sell it.... so let me know if anyone is interested.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you that I haven't wheeled with or hung out with. Have a safe drive for all those coming from way away! :thumbsup:

I'll see you all Thursday, I'm going to be heading oout here shortly.

Spas said:
I'm guessing I have a 5 hour drive from Denver (6 if I get to chase TwoTone's slow ass thru the mountains :D)

HEY!

I told you you didn't have to follow me Ms. Mustang :p

David - I might be interested. Is it in pretty good shape?

Mr. Vibes - sweet man, where are you staying? want me to just swing by real quick in the morn'?

everyone else - weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee only 3 more days!

Jared, for the most part it looks brand new. 1 part has a few scratches on it, and the other parts you cant tell they were ever installed. It was in a X for 1 month, and was put in 4 wheel drive only twice. The guy decided to go solid axle.
I am splitting a cabin at canyonlands with Gerald.

End Hijack

What a sad sight watching my F-350 w/camper towing my trailer with 90ranajo's ranger on it leavng my driveway while I stand there and wave. Not only that, my broth-in-law was in the passenger seat.

Oh well, have fun all. I'll be thinking about it wishing I was there from Japan.

Diff Whack Daddy said:
What a sad sight watching my F-350 w/camper towing my trailer with 90ranajo's ranger on it leavng my driveway while I stand there and wave.

:eek: :(

Diff Whack Daddy said:
What a sad sight watching my F-350 w/camper towing my trailer with 90ranajo's ranger on it leavng my driveway while I stand there and wave.
I can't picture you with a sad face, but I can see you with this face as he drove away. :D

90Ranger.jpg

Getting the F250 back in a few hours with a new clutch. Now to put a hundred miles on it in the next 24 hrs, so the clutch can be seated before I load it up..

Im out. My camping spot at canyonlands is available, if anyone wants it just call canyonlands. While pulling the boat trailer out of the garage today in 4lo the clutch started slipping. This is after 400 in parts to rebuild the brakes last week :-( i just dont have time to fix it. I am glad it happened here instead of on golden spike in moab though.

have fun in moab.
later
joshua

Sorry to hear that Josh :(

Maybe you could join us for the DWD returns from Japan trip :D

Rick said:
Maybe you could join us for the DWD returns from Japan trip :D
Where and when is that trip? It has to be sometime between July 4th(when I get back) and before mid August when 90ranajo gets back from so he can't go. :nono: :D

I was hoping you would figure all that out Kevin;) Only one problem. I don't think anyone will want to be in Moab in July-August. How about a fall/winter/ or spring run at your convienance...

FROADER said:
Big Bear maybe?

:Cough: Swamp :Cough:

However I will be gone the first week of July, and I don't if I'll be able to get away :rolleyes:

Well Misty is due the end of July so that time frame is actually obviously a no go. I am looking to do a run to Evans Creek the last weekend of August but I am sure most won't be willing to make the trek way up here to my neck of the woods.

I can only afford two long trips a year, and that's pushing it with todays gas prices, but I really want to make T-haven next year. If I can't:( , I will make my own T-haven trip:D

But Rubicon, or that area, sounds really good too.

Rubicon in September sounds awesome.

Got the F250 back, can't even tell it's got a new clutch in it.. Yet. :D

tdavis said:
Rubicon in September sounds awesome.

Got the F250 back, can't even tell it's got a new clutch in it.. Yet. :D

Set the e-brake, set it for 5 and 5 on the edge, and try to accelerate. I am not saying drive arround with the e-brake on, but use it to simulate a load.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back