Moab 2011 - May 21 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2011 - May 21

Moab Date - May 14th or the 21st 2011??

• May 14 2011

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Possibly coming out. Nothing fancy on this Explorer, just a stock one with 31's. :)

I just want to get back out there again and see the scenery. Will nail it out here at work soon.

Where is everyone else staying at? What's cheep or good? LOL

Holy Crap! ! ! !

Talk about a "blast from the past..." Would be great to see you again Ryan - - thinking Colorado Colors Run '99 (speaking of "blasts from the past...") was the last time I've seen you. . . Cool.

No reservations yet, but I'm planning on Canyonlands (best location for walking around town).

Paul
'91 Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think cheap is an option for motels anymore... I made reservations at the Roadway, $139/night. I guess I will tag along; I've still never been to Moab! :)

Dang, with so many cool people heading out I'm seriously tempted... unfortunately my travel schedule for May already sucks... I'm already booked to be out of town every single week including one weekend... ugh... hope everyone has fun though, hope I can catch this trip again sometime, even if its just as passenger or enjoying some of the paved/easy dirt roads in my non-wheeling escape :).

Hey all, kinda late chiming in here, but I will be there as usual as the token J**p guy. Prittchet was cool last year, I hope we can do it again. Paul, you can do it, I believe in you! I'll probably come in few days earlier as usual and leave out on Sun/Mon, staying at canyonlands.

just got my reservations at canyonlands, coming in wed the 18th checking out sunday 22nd. They were all out for the back tent sites, seems like spaces starting to fill up, so get your reservations soon would be my suggestion. I'll be in the front tent sites row 8 site 113. Just over a month away, can't wait!

Attendees - - As of 4/5

1. MoabB2
2. jrgaylor
3. Rick
4. Paul
5. Chad551
6. Bronco2guy - Out
7. Reapereviltwin - Out
8. HVAC Man
9. MRBoyle
10. John K
11. Ryan & Maranda - Tentative
12. Gary

Dang, with so many cool people heading out I'm seriously tempted... hope I can catch this trip again sometime, even if its just as passenger or enjoying some of the paved/easy dirt roads in my non-wheeling escape :).

Matt - If you come out this year, gotta a front seat for you. . . (will need a full-time spotter anyway for Prichett...):rolleyes:

Gary - Thanks for the head's up on Canyonlands. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

Im keeping my eye on this thread. I wouldnt mind coming out since I missed last year but I wont be doing any of the hard trails. Still a few easy/moderate trails that I havent done and there is the White Rim trail I really want to do. It should be back open by then, one end of it was completly washed out last year.

I guess this will be one of those last minute decisions depending on what Im doing around then...

So since we are still only talking in generalities and not specific times for our unorganized 8-15 person Moab gathering, I doubt a few trail talk comments would gain the interest of big brother.

Besides being there to see Paul do Pritchett, anyone have a burning desire to complete any specific trails? I really would like to finish what I started in Metal Masher, and if I get Behind The Rocks and Flat iron Mesa under my belt I would have completed the Big 12 most difficult in Moab (not counting Helldorado and other BFE atrocities). Havn't done Moab Rim since the first time out (actually my first trail) and my only other witness Steve has been MIA and don't know when he's gonna make it back.

What about everyone else, since it looks like a few of us will be here earlier in the week, I'll be there ready to go by Thursday, what kind of trails is the few but fearless crew wanting to tackle?

I am with you Gary, I have not done those three yet either

It's not my work load , but the cash flow for me. I will be there for the End of the World 2012 run though, come hell or high water, hurricane, volcano, earthquake, tsunami (not the same as high water in WA), etc...

DITTO!!!!!!

Damn I've always wanted to do pritchet too!

and possibly matt adams and ryan n maranda man thats some of my first wheelin buddies Ryan the Silver sage was still pretty resonable last time i was there

I doubt a few trail talk comments would gain the interest of big brother.

Besides being there to see Paul do Pritchett, anyone have a burning desire to complete any specific trails? I really would like to finish what I started in Metal Masher, and if I get Behind The Rocks and Flat iron Mesa under my belt I would have completed the Big 12 most difficult in Moab (not counting Helldorado and other BFE atrocities). Havn't done Moab Rim since the first time out (actually my first trail) and my only other witness Steve has been MIA and don't know when he's gonna make it back.

What about everyone else, since it looks like a few of us will be here earlier in the week, I'll be there ready to go by Thursday, what kind of trails is the few but fearless crew wanting to tackle?

That looks like a pretty challenging selection - - since I was the "Broken on..." Metal Masher guy that kept you from completing that trail, would have no issues going back to to that one again (finished it last year when the PNW contingent came early), and I'd have to assess Behind the Rocks after I see how much seat upholstery I suck up my keister on Prichett... Never done Flat Iron, that one is tempting...

Should be there Wednesday evening, ready to go Thursday. . . 5 Weeks ! ! !

Paul
'91 Sport

'sigh'

Back to my 'banned' corner.:notworthy

Coming yet? ? ? ? You know you want to. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

(strolls out of the 'banned' corner)

I WANT TO

(strolls back to the 'banned' corner) :rant:

Hey who had the "Frequent Stops" Magnet last time? I think Kevin (DWD) had it for all the flat tires, but we need to have it on hand, just in case!

I'm going to bring the girlfriend along, so I want to make sure and break her in right with the worst trails possible, so that is part of me wanting to do Behind the Rocks and the lot. :)

Where did you break on Metal masher? It looks like there is only a few big obstacles? Behind the rocks looks a little intense???

Just want you to know ahead of time that I only plan on running easy/scenic trails once again. Plan right now is to go out with Ryan and anyone else who would like to join us.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where did you break on Metal masher? It looks like there is only a few big obstacles? Behind the rocks looks a little intense???

Chucked a U-Joint on the start of Mirror Gulch - - based on a rear suspension issue (a little too much bounce).

No big obstacles (other than Rock Chucker and Widow Maker - - which are either optional or have bypasses...).

Paul
'91 Sport

Back