Moab 2013 - May 10-12 | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Which weekend is best? (May 10-12 is best for me)

• Weekend of May 10-12

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Weekend of May 17-20

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep, unlocking one hub would fix the understeer issue. I did half of Golden Spike like that one year but can't remember why. I had the air locker turned on and one hub unlocked. It was the same time my track bar bracket welds came lose. I think it was to help me steer better since the front axle was kinda wandering.

So lets get an honest opinion I dont want to be a hassle for everyone going so if the concensus is I should postpone pritchett I will...I have superlift 5.5 lift 96 ranger knuckles on front 35" KM2's eaton elocker rear manual trans 4.56 gears warn winch on front and if its not horrible extra stress anywhere to run with only one hub locked I may be able to get the front axle lincoln locked in time...

Dont lincoln lock if it is just for this run. Wait and do it right the 1st time. If you plan on lincoln locking it anyway, then do it and run one hub unlocked until you need it locked. I vote to wait until you can afford a proper locker, both for the convenience of not having to stop and get out to lock a hub, and because lincoln locking weakens the spider gears and if they break your trip is done. since you have a winch you should be able to winch over whatever obstacles you cant get over without the front locker.

Are we there yet?
:bounce:

Heading out to get the new set of tires installed this morning. :D :Installed & looks killer!

HD dom trailing arms are arriving today. :thumbsup: :Arrived

Hella lights got wired last night.

Hi lift goes on today. :Rained out

The missing shock skids were found, be here tomorrow. 2 sets Arrived, WTF?

Condensing the trail tools (again) for the trip today. : Done

All I have to say is, my lovely lady better enjoy this trip! Lol! : She said she will (enjoy the trip)

Still need to pick up a spare front axle, and rear diff fluids. :got the syn fluids, special order for the axle, pick up on Sat.

Other than her going last minute shopping, were about 95% ready as of today. Wow, this meet has def put me thru the ringer. Forgot how much it costs to get a rig set up from scratch, and the expense of traveling so far. Were going to have a damn good time, even if it lands us in the funny farm! :D

T minus 48hrs!
:bounce::burnout::chug::bdrunk:​

I am officially without a doubt out of this now:( I kinda thought I might be able to swing it, money is not even the issue for a change.

1-locker still in box. Today is cold and rainy

2-bumpers not yet welded up. I did the powdercoating for the trade off but welder cannot get to me until weekend after mothers day now-:mad:
3-had roof damage from hail, adjuster had to send a "steep roof" adjuster who has yet to walk our roof. I'm not going to leave Sheri alone to deal with that.
4-I would be alone, and that is a loooong way to drive solo. I had a tentative "maybe" from a friend but he will be roofing houses-
5-my house looks like a rummage sale because Saturday is supposed to be city wide garage sale day. Can't miss that-and it may be rained out until next weekend.
6-my dog ate my keys

I am officially without a doubt out of this now:( I kinda thought I might be able to swing it, money is not even the issue for a change.

2-bumpers not yet welded up. I did the powdercoating for the trade off but welder cannot get to me until weekend after mothers day now-:mad:
3-had roof damage from hail, adjuster had to send a "steep roof" adjuster who has yet to walk our roof. I'm not going to leave Sheri alone to deal with that.
4-I would be alone, and that is a loooong way to drive solo. I had a tentative "maybe" from a friend but he will be roofing houses-
5-my house looks like a rummage sale because Saturday is supposed to be city wide garage sale day. Can't miss that-and it may be rained out until next weekend.
6-my dog ate my keys

Sissy is ready to go. You could twist my arm if I had a co-driver and someone to split camping fees with. But I have a doc appointment on the 10th (could move that I think) and another one on the 15th (cain't move that one). Let me know.

..So...:scratch:..Does this mean you two will be late or that you will miss the big dinner altogether?..:p:

Looks like he is making an IM to send to me. But it's cold and wet and things are movin slow in this part of KS. May be a bit till we know. But then we have a whole week. I have driven to Green River in one day with time to spare. That was through Denver and stopping in Denver for a bit to meet with a guy. 2 drivers would be much nicer though. I was dog meat the next day. Onlyist time that folks had to wake me up in the mornin.

There is a short cut out 400 and 50 to Montrose. But that goes through the NF and uses a NF rd. That is closed from time to time. Takes about the same amount of time but is a lot shorter. Comes out south of Moab a little bit.

6-my dog ate my keys

I'm NOT taking you off the list Jon!
:mattmoon:

Well Jon like ta broke my arm twistin but it was just not ment to be. Guess you need to scratch us both off the list for now.

Sorry to hear it. It would have been great to see you both.

I am sooooooo ready to get on the road!!! :bounce:

Just FYI ill have two open seats for Pritchett sunday in case someone wants to ride along

I am sooooooo ready to get on the road!!! :bounce:

Just FYI ill have two open seats for Pritchett sunday in case someone wants to ride along

I've got 1 1/2 sats available, but can make it 2.

Are we there yet?

Yes, yes we are... Came in early for some bike maintenance (blown seal in fork), just happen to be camping at the trail-head for Fins & Things; may have to pre-run it today after a stop in town. . .

"The weather is here . . ."

Paul
'91 Sport

"The weather is here . . ."

...Hopefully that means it is 80-85 with afternoon thundershowers?

..It's 97 out here but it looks like some showers will miss us and head to Utah by Thurs-Fri..:dunno:

T minus 12hrs to departure!!!

All loaded up and ready for a 6:30am departure

Attachments

• IMG_20130503_195325.jpg
    IMG_20130503_195325.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 200

See y'all there!

Participant list update
Diff Whack Daddy - Explorer ----- Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Dog------------- 1 for dinner
Albino 94LTD ------ Explorer -----Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Pack Dog ------- 1 for dinner
Jrgaylor ----------- BII --------- Adventure Inn ---- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Dog ------------ 1 for dinner
Toyota Jon -------- Toyota ----- Adventure Inn---- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Dog ----------- 1 for dinner
James T ---------- Explorer ----- Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 9th ---- Big Dog ------------ 2 for dinner
67truckguy ------- Explorer ------Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Dog? ----------- 2 for dinner
Paul -------------- Bronco III --- Canyonlands -----Arriving May 5th --- - Big Pack Dog ------ 1 for dinner
Rick -------------- Explorer ----- Canyonlands?---- Arriving May 9th------ Lead Big Dog ------ 2 for dinner
MrQ -------------- Explorer ----- KOA ------------ ? -------------------- Pack Dog ----------? for dinner
Kris Guilbeaux ----- Mountaineer - KOA ------------ ? -------------------- ? ----------------- 1 for dinner
MoabB2 ----------- BII --------- Canyonlands------ Arriving late may 9th- Big Dog ----------- 1 for dinner
GJarrett ---------- Passenger --- Silver Sage Inn --- Arriving May 8th----- Big Pack Dog ------ 1 for dinner
Randall ----------- Explorer ----- KOA -------------- Arriving May 8th---- Big Dog? ----------- 4-5 for dinner
offroader_69_me -- Explorer ----- ? ---------------- ? ------------------- Big Dog
Mrboyle -----------Toyota ------ Area BFE---------- Arriving May 9th ---- Big Dog ----------- 1 for dinner
NICEFORD59 ------ Explorer ----- KOA -------------- ? ------------------ Pack Dog? --------- 1 for dinner
Gmanpaint -------- FJ ---------- Big Horn Lodge ---- Arriving May 8th ---- Pack Dog ---------- 2 for dinner
Turdle ------------MIA ---------------------------------------------------------------------- You will be missed!!!
Suicide77 --------- Explorer ------Hotel-Camping----- Arriving May 8th---- Pack Dog ---------- 2 for dinner
Jjaganashi--------- Ranger--------no clue where im stayin ? -------------- Big Dog
Benji-Man --------- Explorer ----- Big Horn Lodge ---- Arriving May 9th --- Scrawny Pack Dog -- 2 for dinner
Tbars4 ----------- Explorer or Ranger??? ------------ Arriving ??????
Adamsbro2 ------- Explorer ----- Canyonlands ------- Arriving May 8th ----- Big Dog ----------- 2? for dinner
Kurupt ----------- Explorer ----- ??????????? ------- Arriving May 10th ---- Puppy Dog -------- 2 for dinner
Brian1------------ Explorer ------Primitive Camping--- Arriving May 9th ----- Pack Dog ---------- 1 for dinner
Christian Sturz -- Jeep----------- ???? -------------- Arriving May 10th ---- Pack Dog ---------- 1 for dinner

Maybe;
Birdy ------------- Explorer ----- KOA -------------- ? ------------------ Big Dog
duckhuntinkid - Explorer -
mojavexploder - Explorer -
JTX - Explorer -
offroadkc - Cheby - Canyonlands - Pack Dog?

Big Dog = locked and 35's or bigger
Big Pack Dog= 33's and locked
Pack Dog = 31's or bigger, maybe locked on one end
Puppy Dog= Stock with good working LS

Running dinner total 33

Here isthe tentative plan for the NW crew arriving early;
Monday - Strike Ravine
Tuesday - Kane Creek
Wednesday - Poison Spider Mesa/Gold Bar Rim/Golden Spike
Thursday - Moab Rim
Friday through Sunday somewhat open but suggestions
- Elephant Hill
- Cliff Hanger
-Steel Bender
-Metal Masher
-Pritchett Canyon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

33" MTR's W/Kevlar installed.
Locked in the rear.

Big Pack dog?

Last day for getting everything done, then heading out on the road in the AM! :bounce:

Just read the weather forecast for Moab. Were packing appropriate clothing for the weather change. Hope we can still get out everyday. :scratch:

Phil, were wanting to join up with you guys on any moderate trails you guys run. If your going to do the progressive route, we can hook up early on in the week maybe?

Back