Moab 2015 - May 22-24 | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2015 - May 22-24

Hope everyone from the TX crew is doing alright....not real familiar with the state, but I'm seeing a lot of posts on FB about flooding and stuff....hope you guys make it back alright and everything is fine back home!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BTW, if you all haven't found me on FB yet, I'm about to add pictures...friend me and I can tag you...you'll find me under Caleb Waidelich, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one you'll find under that name :D

The Texas crew is still en route home. We left moab around 830 and just now about 60 miles north of Lubbock where we will be staying for the evening. As far as the red second Gen you saw, that was probably birdy as they were still in town

Very fun trip. Apart from my suspension issues and the rollover it was a blast. Wish I could have stayed longer.

It was great meeting everybody and I can hardly wait till 2016!

I would say more, but I just got off a 7 hour driving shift and need to crash in what is hopefully a clean Motel 6 bed... :shifty_ey

So you weren't on the Moab trip? My wife met us here in her jeep. I was in a red dodge Durango pulling a white Moto trailer. I waved and you waved back.

So you weren't on the Moab trip? My wife met us here in her jeep. I was in a red dodge Durango pulling a white Moto trailer. I waved and you waved back.
I was in Moab but on a different trip. I was only "in" Moab for maybe a total of 2 hours on Saturday. From Thursday around 1 pm until Saturday around 2 pm I spent getting to Moab. We took the back way in. We took the Kokopelli Trail from Fruita to Top of The World, down Rose Garden Hill then Onion Creek to the highway. Then we took the next 2.5 days to get home.

And if it was south of Gateway, I was waving at other people going the other way.

This just looks like so much fun... So McFarlin brothers, whatcha think if we make this a family vacation next year (but leave the munchkin at home).
Glad Dad is ok, looking forward to seeing the rollover video (easier to watch something like that, when you already know they are ok).

This just looks like so much fun... So McFarlin brothers, whatcha think if we make this a family vacation next year (but leave the munchkin at home).
Glad Dad is ok, looking forward to seeing the rollover video (easier to watch something like that, when you already know they are ok).

Much easier when you know they are ok............we have a video we will post asap but it doesn't get the entire roll cause as soon as he started to roll we were on the move

I was in Moab but on a different trip. I was only "in" Moab for maybe a total of 2 hours on Saturday. From Thursday around 1 pm until Saturday around 2 pm I spent getting to Moab. We took the back way in. We took the Kokopelli Trail from Fruita to Top of The World, down Rose Garden Hill then Onion Creek to the highway. Then we took the next 2.5 days to get home.

And if it was south of Gateway, I was waving at other people going the other way.

Were you in a red second gen with tire carrier, sand track on back, and let the city market with a bunch of jeeps?

Understand that.. Making sure someone is ok, is more important than a video.

I spoke to him shortly yesterday, what little we did get to talk (his bluetooth was in the ford.. somewhere...) He did say how quickly everyone was right there. When he was trying to climb out, there were several people there already, helping, and an "on site medic" was ready to check things out.

Well I am sure this is one trip he (or other there) will not forget.. He is the perfect one to have a tire fall off one day, and do rolls another.

Thank you everyone for being right there for him. That is awesome!

Also Robert, I noticed in the one pic, as he is starting to roll (I think 3 tires in the air), Roberts shoulder is in the pic. The next, he was no where to be seen.. He make it down the hill that fast?

...I saw you when you were heading in for gas and Brian1 saw you on the other side when you were lining up to leave...

..Glad it was someone from the forum...:biggthump

..It seems every year when we are on a trip we see an X or Ranger built up and we get back home to see who it was and rarely ever get a response..Wish we all could have chatted for a few .

I did get it all on video, thought it was awesome, then all of a sudden, oh crap he could be hurt!! Thank god he's all good. Definitely won't ever forget our first EF run!

Heck yea!!! You being there would be awesome!!!!

Will post some pics tonight

A few from Fins and Things

002_zpsee59tzpt.jpg

017_zpscfuk6mta.jpg

051_zps5skt2kmg.jpg

007_zpsc7zhqbsn.jpg

025_zpsptqq7spv.jpg

DSCN0334_zps0eovzksw.jpg

Kris and I made it home here on austin, we're about to go to dinner and then dan and kurt will head back to houston

Made it home about 5pm today. This has got to be the best weekend I have had for as long as I can recall. Even with all the mishaps small and large. Now there will not be a charge for any of the entertainment from the McFalin Bros. We will be there next year if you missed this one, so don't miss out :D:D

Now I would like to give my thanks to all of you who was on Fins and Things Sunday. The way all of you jumped into action when Mike started rolling. I was standing there and when I knew that it was going over, I froze . It was only for 2 or 3 seconds, there was so many things going thru my mind of how it was going to end, I could not move. Then by the time got down, there was so many there.

I have been reading all the post from everyone , all the well whishes and offers to looks for parts or whatever needed to repair the Dr Jack, goes to prove what everyone has said so many times over the EF family has got to be the best in the world. So to all of you I :salute: you

We just made it home tire trouble free!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad to hear everyone is making it home ok. I sure hope everything is ok for those in the flooded areas.

Back