Moab 2015 - May 22-24 | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2015 - May 22-24

Glad to hear everyone is making it home ok. I sure hope everything is ok for those in the flooded areas.

Our house and vehicles are ok, and I heard from dan that his place is ok in Houston but just 5 miles north of us here in austin, downtown is still flooded and cars were washing from the streets into the river

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ahhhh man, can't wait til next year. It's gonna be EPIC!!!!!

When I was up there in 2006, we did Fins and Things on a night run. It was awesome.

Made it home alright. My townhouse no worse for wear, thankfully.

What an awesome weekend everybody. I can hardly wait till next year!

I was very impressed with all the rigs out on the trail, Rick you would have been proud. There is nothing like a group having fun and looking out for each other. EF is the best!

Mike and Robert, you guys are family, anything you need let me know. It would be an honor to wheel with all of you guys again.

So after talking with the old man yesterday, we have come to a conclusion. I have all intentions of joining my Psycho Dad (AKA FlapJack) (Yes, I totaly just gave you that nick name!, it fits with Dr. Jack), and crazy ass uncle on their trip next year. Not that we need a excuse, but hopefully I will graduate from College around that time, so it will make for a good excuse.
Think its crazy have two McFarlin's there.. Well how about 3, I hope everyone brings a extra pair of underwear!

So after talking with the old man yesterday, we have come to a conclusion. I have all intentions of joining my Psycho Dad (AKA FlapJack) (Yes, I totaly just gave you that nick name!, it fits with Dr. Jack), and crazy ass uncle on their trip next year. Not that we need a excuse, but hopefully I will graduate from College around that time, so it will make for a good excuse.
Think its crazy have two McFarlin's there.. Well how about 3, I hope everyone brings a extra pair of underwear!

I can only imagine.........With your dad and uncle being the kind of people you are I think I can speak for everyone when I say please come you are MORE than welcome....looking forward to meeting another member of such an awesome family.

When I was up there in 2006, we did Fins and Things on a night run. It was awesome.

The first time I experienced Fins, we started late in the day, and it turned into a night run. Not knowing what to expect, in the dark, high drop offs on BOTH sides at times, tripled the pucker factor. Good Times. :)

What a sad picture. Dr. Jack was such a clean rig. Sorry. You are right, its part of wheeling. Welcome to the Roll Over Posse!:roll:

I bet you woke up sore the next day, that was a heck of a rollover. Would love to see the video, and I wish I was there. I mean, if your gonna roll, at least I could have been there to watch.

Is the body straight besides the roof? Any body mounts broken or frame damage? Looks like you could replace the roof.

Thanks Brian, Bandit Customs and the EF are with us for the rebuild, really did not want to be a member of the Roll Over Posse, but what the heck, I am now!!

Actually I was not sore at all the next morning, I only had soreness in my neck for the rest of the day and during most of the night, but on Tuesday morning there was very little soreness and my midmorning it was all gone. I did hear that one of the members saw me hit my head on the rollover, but I don't remember it happening.

There are videos of the roll over, I am sure they will be posted here soon. Wished you could of been there too, Brian, A little different from Truckhaven but dang is it fun. Sorry for rolling without ya, brother!!

LOL, FlapJack, it does fit, Kurt even nicknamed the rig "Jack Rabbit" I am really looking forward to you being there, Desirae. Now that will be a Moab for the books with the 20th year EF Moab run!!!

For those who was there and got to see and hear Robert and myself go back and forth in our antics, now it will be multiplied with Desirae there! :eek:

I do have to say this was the best year ever. The group was just great!!! Even with fighting the Memorial Day crowds (which we will avoid next year). This group was a blast.

I'm sooo jealous! I wanna be in the roll over club!

I'm sooo jealous! I wanna be in the roll over club!

Adam, I knew you were crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

It was great wheeling in Moab with you and Cassie.

Uncle Mike, Sorry about the roll and the damage to the rig. I'm glad your alright, and the EF crew was there to assist you. It's just a truck, and can be rebuilt, replaced, but it still sucks.

To the group members there, My heartfelt thanks for helping Him out and being concerned for his safety. After watching the video, the first thing said was "Are you alright?" That is exactly what I wanted to hear.

Hopefully over the next year, The boys over at Bandit Customs will have it trail ready again, so we can wheel together in 2016 out there!

Oh, it's Cassie, and great wheeling with you too! You got me thinking on the way home, and I think I'll be putting a little exoskeleton on the black ex before next year!

Uncle Mike, Sorry about the roll and the damage to the rig. I'm glad your alright, and the EF crew was there to assist you. It's just a truck, and can be rebuilt, replaced, but it still sucks.

To the group members there, My heartfelt thanks for helping Him out and being concerned for his safety. After watching the video, the first thing said was "Are you alright?" That is exactly what I wanted to hear.

Hopefully over the next year, The boys over at Bandit Customs will have it trail ready again, so we can wheel together in 2016 out there!

Thanks Gregg, I agree, it is just a truck and can be rebuilt, the soul is in the vehicle, not on the outer shell.

The reaction of the EF'ers and other off roaders was amazing, I could fell peeps climbing on the rig and hear them while I was trying to open the drivers door and then when the door opened there was Anthony (he got the door opened) with his hand out to help me out of the vehicle.

Before we pushed the Jack back over on all 4's, Russell put his hand on my shoulder and softly stated "We can fix it". Bandit Customs and EF never stop amazing me.

Looking forward to wheeling with ya in Moab 2016!!! Wow, just think, if Desirae makes it down, that will be 4 from the family there!!! :eek:

Oh, it's Cassie, and great wheeling with you too! You got me thinking on the way home, and I think I'll be putting a little exoskeleton on the black ex before next year!

D'oh!!!! Sorry, corrected my post. Man, an exoskeleton will look awesome, till Moab 2016 and seeing your black explorer and you and Cassie there!!:chug:

Is there a sticker for the rollover club? If not, we need to make them!

Yeah, just take the ExplorerForum sticker and put it on upside down! :D

I did get a " I rolled Over On" sticker at the T-shirt shop!! It is going in line with the " Fins and Things" sticker!

Oh goodness, 4 of us, now that would be scary! At least I would finally meet my Cuz.. LOL.. I already have a babysitter lined up, and making sure I save some vacation time from work. Granted it is a year away, but I know it will be a blast!

Talking with FlapJack, he said he was still in the drivers seat when they opened the door. How come I get the mental image if him just sitting there, dumbfounded, than do the cartoon head shake, while little stars are floating around his head..

I am just wondering if you even had time for the pucker effect to hit?

Oh, I you have to get this sticker!

Attachments

• rollover_tested_rectangle_decal.jpg
    rollover_tested_rectangle_decal.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 237

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh lord! It is going to be a good time to see and meet the McFarlin Clan in full colors :D I really have to say this was just such a great trip! I'm definitely going to be in Moab next year and can't wait for the event! I hope everyone [Eric, Caleb, Bryan, Brian, Adam & Cassie, Chris & Russel, Mike & Robert, Daniel, and Ted] can make it again next year, this was just a great mix of people to go off-roading with :)

I'm going to try to get some more pictures posted, just digging through what I've got and posting what I can. I've noticed quite a bit of wheelie-ing and have a few pictures of it to share. The first is of Bryan on Fins'n'Things. There were a number of easy ways up - all of which the group passed! We did every challenging/vertical/difficult slope we could find! This feature was a bit earlier in the trail and found many of us hitting it going down, then turning around to try going up!

181_zpsgvaudfsg.jpg

This next one is of Robert gassing it up a fairly steep slope that ended with a ledgy rocky top! Needless to say Robert's Green Buffalo marched up it!

229_zpsl7apknk7.jpg

Finally, I've got a photo of Mike just before the haunting 'hop' that set the roll into motion. This feature was towards the end of the trail, and started with a sharp left hand turn into a near vertical face of slick rock. Even in 3 wheel drive Mike was getting those front tires to come up off the ground while fighting for every square inch of traction.

281_zpsh5b5povs.jpg

What a great and challenging trail we did! Mike, I'm so glad you came out of this without harm and in good spirits! I had the most fun wheeling around on this trail with you guys and couldn't have ditched work for anything better!

Back