Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Modifications and Fuel Mileage roll-call

Discussion in 'Modified 2011- 2019 Explorer Sport Tuning' started by NorthernLite, March 13, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. NorthernLite

NorthernLite New Member

City, State:
      Saskatoon
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2017 Explorer Sport
      Hello everyone, new Explorer owner, '17 Sport, bone stock except for floor mats. Currently have 5000 kms on it and getting 15 L/100kms in the city and around 11 L/100kms on the highway doing 120. I'm currently looking to add a Team RX catch can and possibly a Livernois tune. Ultimately this is the wife's daily so more so looking for fuel economy, comfort and reliability than power. She loves the current amount of power it has.

On that note, I want to hear a quick blip about what you've done to your Explorer, how many kilometers/miles on it, and what kinda mileage you're getting.

Thanks guys!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Mbrooks420

Mbrooks420 High Voltage. Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Erie, Pennsylvania
      1998 Mountaineer AWD
    4. gmcv893

gmcv893 New Member

City, State:
      Tampa, FL
      2015 Explorer Sport
      OP I have a 2015 Sport, and getting around 14 per gallon in town (drive it like I stole it). Still haven't done any long distance driving to get a highway number. Have the weathertech floor mats like yours, and a drop in AEM filter. Doing the Livernois route hopefully this Saturday with downpipes, 3 bar, and 160 thermostat.

5. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      He didn't specify the type of floor mats. :)
      WeatherTech is good for Florida but Husky liners would be better for Saskatchewan due to their better coverage.

Peter

Last edited: March 14, 2018
    6. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
      There are many existing threads on mods that have been done by members. You can find most of them by just scrolling through the threads in this sub forum.
      As for gas mileage; 3.5L Ecoboost Owners - What MPG are you getting? , Explorer Poor Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost
      Mileage figures are variable depending on your driving style, speed, weather and to some degree the type of gas used so it is very difficult to compare. I have found very little difference between running 87 and 91 octane. 91 seems to give a slight boost but certainly not near enough to offset the extra cost. 3.5 Ecoboost - What type of fuel are you running?
      There is a very useful 'Search' feature (upper right) that you should familiarize yourself with to find existing threads/posts on various topics in the different sub forum.

Peter

7. NorthernLite

NorthernLite New Member

City, State:
      Saskatoon
      2017 Explorer Sport
      I actually do have the Husky Liners for the exact reason that they cover better than the Weathertech's do. I've ran Husky in the past 3 vehicles I've had and loved them.