1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

Moonroof wont close

Discussion in 'Stock 2020 Ford Explorer & Aviator' started by evilgeek, February 14, 2020 at 11:53 PM.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. evilgeek

evilgeek New Member

City, State:
    California
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2020 Explorer ST
    My sunroof has started acting crazy. The vent function still works normally, but after sliding the sunroof open, it wont close again. It tries to, but then reverses course back to open.

Luckily I found a thread where somebody had a similar issue in a gen 5, which has the reset procedure:

With the driver's door open, accessory mode on, accessory mode off, accessory mode on, short press sunroof close button, long press sunroof close button...

This does work to close the sunroof, but the reset doesn't seem to "hold". I have to do it again every time, which means I can't close the sunroof while driving, I have to be parked. Very annoying, and I guess I'll be in for my first warranty work. (and while I'm at it will bug the dealer about all the missing parts)

:(

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. scottfmc

scottfmc Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Spring Hill, TN
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2020 Limited
    Sounds like a Body Control Module issue. Likely a reprogram or a replace.