moonroof | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

moonroof

scorgnetic Actually where the sunfoof goes there is a flat spot where the back oh the sunroof goes and it is flat after it is all removed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Matt, do you have any pics of it? (Your sun roof)

Black Magic,

I am kinda confused as to your post, where exactly are you talking about? I have a 99 sport and to my knowledge, there is no place on the roof that is not ribbed.

Randy

Click Here for all the pics. I just took them!

This is the flat spot I was talking about, right at the back on the glass:
DSC00629.jpg

Awesome! Is that a GM window switch up there!?

My aftermarket sunroof sucked. I couldnt keep it open with out it rattling around. It really weakend the roof too. Ive heard other stories of aftermarket ones leaking.

I bought the truck used with the crap sunroof. Doesnt matter now i wrecked that truck and its sitting in my friends yard :(

thats awesome matt...Thats just what I want to get....how much it all cost you. One thing tho my roof is ribbed all along the top :( Is this going to be possible for me to do?

Are you sure you don't have a flat strip going accross the top. I just looked out into the parking lot and there are several X's and even if they don't have a sunroof there is a flat spot on all of them for the back of a sun/moon roof. Like this:

|||||
|...|
|||||
|||||
|||||

Go get a steep stool and look at the top of your truck you will see the area I am talking about. The are all made for an easy sunroof install. and they do not weaken your top. There is nothing there but sheetmetal anyway.

hmm mine does like this... has the ribbes in the front then stops (biut an 6in space) the ribbed all the way to the back. Kinda like this

|||||

|||||
|||||

Hey, Black Magic. When you had your moonroof installed did they have to lower the inside ceiling of your Explorer at all? If so do u know how much?

BTW I love your truck:cool:

yeah I want to know that too :cool:

matt...props on your write up of your truck and your site...i really like it. lots of pictures and very informative. your truck is coming along quite nicely.

Hey, Black Magic, ya there?

Holly POO! Sorry I just seen this!

The Moon Roof was installed at Classic Soft Trim. It is a Vermeulen Hollandia Sunroof TVS (Tilt,Vent, Shade), Model 43. The entire package with install was $1199.00.

Here is the link:

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Back